Coneheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coneheads Reviews

January 13, 2018
Wish there was a sequel
½ December 11, 2017
I cant believe so much comedy talent produced a film devoid of any real humor. They completely missed the boat on this one... The script is awful, but there was an opportunity to make really funny social commentary, they opted for children's humor instead. Wasted.
"Lisa Farber: All men are pigs.
Prymatt Conehead: Ah, pigs. An omnivorous domesticated cloven-hooved vertebrate that defecates in the same place it consumes.
Lisa Farber: Exactly."
October 29, 2017
This film needs to be rescored by everybody who just dont get low key humour. Yes its a poor main story but its just a bit of a laugh at humanity.
½ July 28, 2017
Coneheads is a very under-rated gem. The critics are wrong.
May 23, 2017
Underrated movie I think it has some clever jokes and a cool story, worth the watch.
April 19, 2017
Évidemment moins bon en 2017 que dans mes souvenirs, pas super bien vieilli.
March 6, 2017
Way better and more poignant than it should've been.
February 16, 2017
Any fan of classic SNL will enjoy a fresh viewing, I saw it first in1993 and wasnt that impressed,,,,Expectations maybe or youth,,,, nut now after 24 years I watched it last night and found it to be a better than average sci fi comedy, \time and distance has made it fresh and for me it was like watching a whole new movie,,,,, there are so many comedic stars in this movie that just to see them in their youth are precious moments onto themselves,,, definitely worth the revisit
½ October 16, 2016
Coneheads is a stupid comedy with awful jokes and a story that is a thin as a piece of string. If you want to watch a funny Dan Ackroyd comedy, then watch Ghostbusters.
August 30, 2016
Holy shit this movie is underrated, cult classic to the core
August 15, 2016
I enjoyed it. It's definitely not for everyone, I'd recommend watching the sketches first so that the jokes would be more understandable but I enjoyed the humor and story.
June 3, 2016
Watch it every time it comes on.
½ April 28, 2016
Though this isn't the very best movie made from Saturday Night Live skits and characters (that would be a tossup between 'The Blues Brothers' and the two 'Wayne's World' entries), this is definitely top-tier and in the best five ever made. Laraine Newman and Jane Curtin were very underrated as comediennes, and the unsung heroes that held the cast together during its excellent run of the early days.

What's hardly ever talked about, when it comes to movies based on SNL skits, is how important the supporting players are. 'Coneheads' undoubtedly has the strongest supporting cast of any of them, and while director Barron has hardly become a household name in terms of movies (only this and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' really hit the radar), his prowess on some of the greatest music videos of all time (ie., Dire Straits' 'Money for Nothing', Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' and A-Ha's 'Take On Me') was picture-perfect for the comedic set-pieces here. Definitely worth at least a watch, here in the 21st-century.
½ April 28, 2016

February 16, 2016
Just cheesy. Nothing much here but a couple funny parts
February 15, 2016
Coneheads is a stupid weird adventure but is a good Saturday Night Live adaption.
February 8, 2016
I barely remember this movie but it was one of my favorites when I was a child.
January 16, 2016
This movie was so bad, it was good
January 3, 2016
it's an early 90's classic comedy in my heart!
December 26, 2015
Funny movie, instant classic!