Coneheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coneheads Reviews

½ October 16, 2016
Coneheads is a stupid comedy with awful jokes and a story that is a thin as a piece of string. If you want to watch a funny Dan Ackroyd comedy, then watch Ghostbusters.
August 30, 2016
Holy shit this movie is underrated, cult classic to the core
August 15, 2016
I enjoyed it. It's definitely not for everyone, I'd recommend watching the sketches first so that the jokes would be more understandable but I enjoyed the humor and story.
June 3, 2016
Watch it every time it comes on.
½ April 28, 2016
Though this isn't the very best movie made from Saturday Night Live skits and characters (that would be a tossup between 'The Blues Brothers' and the two 'Wayne's World' entries), this is definitely top-tier and in the best five ever made. Laraine Newman and Jane Curtin were very underrated as comediennes, and the unsung heroes that held the cast together during its excellent run of the early days.

What's hardly ever talked about, when it comes to movies based on SNL skits, is how important the supporting players are. 'Coneheads' undoubtedly has the strongest supporting cast of any of them, and while director Barron has hardly become a household name in terms of movies (only this and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' really hit the radar), his prowess on some of the greatest music videos of all time (ie., Dire Straits' 'Money for Nothing', Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean' and A-Ha's 'Take On Me') was picture-perfect for the comedic set-pieces here. Definitely worth at least a watch, here in the 21st-century.
½ April 28, 2016

February 16, 2016
Just cheesy. Nothing much here but a couple funny parts
February 15, 2016
Coneheads is a stupid weird adventure but is a good Saturday Night Live adaption.
February 8, 2016
I barely remember this movie but it was one of my favorites when I was a child.
January 16, 2016
This movie was so bad, it was good
January 3, 2016
it's an early 90's classic comedy in my heart!
December 26, 2015
Funny movie, instant classic!
½ November 30, 2015
"Coneheads" is standard comedy stuff. Just take a joke you've heard a thousand times before and replace one key component with another. Watch out for all the stars in it, some were chosen for their acting other were just for a name and paycheck. It's also nice to hear the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Soul to Squeeze", one of the best things in the film honestly. Again, "Conehead" is nothing special, just another comedy that happens to be an adaption of an SNL series of skits.
November 24, 2015
Highly entertaining. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
½ November 24, 2015
cool move
lol
Love it
October 25, 2015
A really weird but somewhat entertaining film. Not forced but pretty fun its a innocent light family flick with good intentions.
October 9, 2015
I would enter Coneheads home anytime!
September 16, 2015
Its one of those ensemble movies that had so many funny people they just canceled eachother out. I didnt laugh when I was a little kid, and I didn't laugh now.
September 5, 2015
This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's hilarious, cute, and has a nice ending. It may be a bit corny, but I love it.
½ July 25, 2015
I'm just asking, the cone heads were in the State Farm commercials, right? Haven't seen the movie, this is not a rating.