Confession (Deadly Secrets) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Confession (Deadly Secrets) Reviews

September 20, 2013
I did try to watch this, but the story held no appeal for me. It is definitely not a new plot idea so I am sure I am not missing anything.
November 26, 2012
I'm not really sure what to rate this movie, I wasn't able to finish it because the DVD I had skipped so bad
November 25, 2012
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD FILM. TOO BAD IT WAS A B-RATED MOVIE, OTHERWISE CHRIS PINE AND OTHERS IN THE FILM WOULD HAVE WON RAVE REVIEWS. THE ACTING OF EACH ACTOR, WITH ONE EXCEPTION, WAS FIRST RATE. IT IS A FILM ONE CANNOT FORGET EASILY. IT TEACHES MANY GOOD 'LIFE LESSONS'........AND LEAVES AN AWFUL ACHE IN ONE'S HEART AT THE END. I WILL WANT TO RE-WATCH IT AGAIN SOMETIME, IT IS AVAILABLE ON DVD.
January 28, 2012
The trailer to this looks really good and has a young looking Chris Pine in. I'm going to have to see about renting this film now.
December 22, 2011
There really are no good guys here. Nobody to root for, because just about everyone is slimy and underhanded. And the plot drags a bit. Overall, it's interesting enough, but with a bit more action, some more in-depth acting and maybe another plot twist or two, this would have been a much better film.
November 24, 2011
This B-Movie gem is the first leading role for Chris Pine, and it may be his best role to date. Pine plays Luther, the "bad" kid at Catholic school who can get you anything you want. He is however caught and along with his roommate, he is quickly booted out of school. Luther becomes obsessed with finding out who turned him in and when he does, the boy mysterious turns up dead. At a similar time, someone confesses to Priest Michael Kelly, who now knows who and why, but can't say anything. As a result Kelly quickly becomes a suspect leading up to a tremendous finally. Pine, best known as the "new" Captain Kirk was just fantastic. It's a shame this is a B-Movie, because if it had been a major release, he would have gained the recognition he deserves a lot sooner. This film is tremendous, I saw it as a modern day Shakespearean tragedy. It has life, death, religion, intrigue, and much more. It's a great film that fell way under the radar!
½ November 25, 2010
Chris Pine plays a student at an all boys catholic school as the rebel & trouble maker selling alcohol, dirty magazines, etc to the kids & acts innocent fooling the priests. Until someone squeals & an unfortunate incident happens. Well Between watching Sands of Oblivion, This & then Frozen.. This was the movie tho not my fare.. I liked best. The character to me is well written showing a well rounded (no wait that?s not the TYPE of person the character is but how the character is written. As Complex as any of us & struggling w/ The issue(s) at hand. C+
November 14, 2009
September 4, 2009
As I said in the Blind-Dating review, this is Chris Pine's best acting, hands down. Though Jim Kirk could easily rival Luther Scott, he falls short due to lack of emotion (and antagonizing does not count), which is ample here.

Luther Scott is a sociopath locked in numerous Catholic schools by his parents, who ship him aout in hopes of him settling his rebellious ways and finding something to take seriously. His underground business of selling such things as Playboy and cigarettes is suddenly caput when a classmate, David Bennett, goes to one of the fathers; the result turns deadly as the next day he's found dead in the dumpster.

That sets off the basic plot of the film, with Luther trying to cover his tracks and appear innocent while his best friend and accomplice, Robbie, teeters nervously to the brink of paranoia. Except nothing goes as planned.

The ending will get you, as will Chris' emotional range.

This is a low-budget starter film from a director and writer with little experience under the belt and the only actor in the cast with real job under his belt is Bruce Davison and Cameron Daddo. Please do not go into this film expecting fireworks and the special effects of Tinseltown.
April 19, 2008
5.5/10. The story is: At St. Michaels Prep, an unspeakable act has been committed. When high school junior Luther Scott confesses to a grisly murder. Now framed guilty by the desperate teen, and under investigation from detective William Fletcher, Kelly must decide to stay silent or give up everything the priesthood holds sacred.

It's an okay film. Nothing special, It certainly is not fond of the Catholic Church, but then again, is anyone fond of the Catholic Church? Having been beaten by nuns and sexually abused by priests, I have my issues with Catholics. Decently produced, nicely acted.
March 26, 2008
Amazing film, definitely worth a watch if you're a fan of films like Sleepers
September 5, 2007
I like Chris Pine... :) have I said that to people??
½ August 22, 2007
The adult actors definitely carried this movie, though there were points where the youngsters could keep up. It was obvious this film was written by a first-timer, as there are moments where the lofty heights the writer was aiming for were clearly missed.