Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen Reviews

½ January 17, 2016
Just another great teen movie.
December 5, 2015
This movie is CLASSIC.
August 16, 2015
This movie was an epic disappointment. Honestly, I didn't know what was going on half the time. It was silly, overly "dramatic" and even a little boring. I wouldn't see it twice.
July 21, 2015
It's sad to see the talent Lohan had and threw away even in this generic piece of candy ass bullcrap.
½ June 9, 2015
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen is not a theatrical movie. It is a DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie). Preteen girls will probably enjoy it and won't mind the sheer stupidity of it all and Lindsay Lohan's auto-tuned singing voice. Others, like myself, will cringe.
½ July 9, 2014
The most chick flick movie I have seen in my life
½ June 6, 2015
Annoying, boring, poor cast, not interesting, exaggerated at points, predictable and not original with a lot of cliches. Nothing we hadn't see before on TV.
½ June 6, 2015
June 19, 2006
Some cringey moments throughout. Some characters were a little annoying. However great seeing a young Megan Fox & Lindsay Lohan acting together. Storyline was okay, quite predictable though.
August 21, 2014
If I'm ever in the mood to watch something lighthearted and girlie (which is hardly ever) this is my "go to" movie. I don't mind watching it and it's not all that bad.
February 22, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 11, 2014
Just another teen movie.
June 13, 2007
lohan + Fox= horrible? Who would have guessed (not me) gag what a horrendous movie
June 30, 2007
Uhm...I think this is an okay movie. Lindsay Lohan though....guh.
½ July 17, 2007
This is all just a bit too silly. It is too kooky to appeal to me. Ultimately it feels like a film with a very specific demographic.
March 2, 2014
i have watched this movie 100 time
June 1, 2007
Love Lindsay's style of movies...it's just cute :) Freaky Friday, Mean Girls...etc
November 29, 2012
Giving nothing for tween girls to savage over, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen is all glitzy and glamour with no real purpose.
½ November 27, 2013
I'm a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

Lola is a teenage high school kid dealing with moving away from her father, and New York City, into upper New Jersey with her mom. She wants to fit in with her classmates and eventually graduate from high school and head into acting. She practices her acting techniques on her classmates by telling them lies to put herself in a better image. When her classmates start discovering her lies, they find her magnificence hard to identify because they don't know what's true and what's her fabrications.

"In kindergarten she used to bite the head off dolls."

Sara Sugarman, director of Mad Cows, Very Annie Mary, Vinyl, and House of Versace, delivers Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. The storyline for this picture is a bit corny and a huge step down from Mean Girls (and not nearly as funny). The characters are fairly well written, but the setting is corny and fairly cliché. The acting was better than I anticipated and the cast includes Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox, Adam Garcia, Glenne Headly, Alison Pill, and Eli Marienthal.

"I want onions. This is a donut."

We came across this film while flicking through the channels and decided to DVR it. I was kind of surprised this was a Disney picture. I always loved Mean Girls and still feel that is one of the better films from this genre. This is a far cry from that level of movie. This isn't a bad movie, it is worth watching once if you enjoy teenage drama, but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection or expect too much from this.

"Nature is telling us to go."

Grade: C
½ October 21, 2013
Get a bunch of empty brainless teenagers add an empty worthless script and you have the American teen sorted as well as this movie. If you are aged 8 you may find this entertaining but I think you have way more intelligence than that which is portrayed in this film. Cinematography is the only part worthy of watching this movie for. Nibbles: Candy floss.