Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen Reviews

November 28, 2013
Giving nothing for tween girls to savage over, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen is all glitzy and glamour with no real purpose.
½ November 27, 2013
I'm a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

Lola is a teenage high school kid dealing with moving away from her father, and New York City, into upper New Jersey with her mom. She wants to fit in with her classmates and eventually graduate from high school and head into acting. She practices her acting techniques on her classmates by telling them lies to put herself in a better image. When her classmates start discovering her lies, they find her magnificence hard to identify because they don't know what's true and what's her fabrications.

"In kindergarten she used to bite the head off dolls."

Sara Sugarman, director of Mad Cows, Very Annie Mary, Vinyl, and House of Versace, delivers Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. The storyline for this picture is a bit corny and a huge step down from Mean Girls (and not nearly as funny). The characters are fairly well written, but the setting is corny and fairly cliché. The acting was better than I anticipated and the cast includes Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox, Adam Garcia, Glenne Headly, Alison Pill, and Eli Marienthal.

"I want onions. This is a donut."

We came across this film while flicking through the channels and decided to DVR it. I was kind of surprised this was a Disney picture. I always loved Mean Girls and still feel that is one of the better films from this genre. This is a far cry from that level of movie. This isn't a bad movie, it is worth watching once if you enjoy teenage drama, but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection or expect too much from this.

"Nature is telling us to go."

Grade: C
½ October 21, 2013
Get a bunch of empty brainless teenagers add an empty worthless script and you have the American teen sorted as well as this movie. If you are aged 8 you may find this entertaining but I think you have way more intelligence than that which is portrayed in this film. Cinematography is the only part worthy of watching this movie for. Nibbles: Candy floss.
October 9, 2013
Honestly, I like this movie. It's not meant to be enjoyed by adult film critics. This movie was made for pre-teen and teenage girls and having been in the target audience category at the time it was released, I absolutely loved it. I don't think I really know any girls who were in the right age bracket when they saw it that didn't enjoy it to some degree. It's an original story line and many of the actors involved did a great job.
October 5, 2013
Not a terrible teen flick. Visually interesting, but a paint by numbers plot holds it back. Still I tend to enjoy these kinds of films even if they're all the same.
September 20, 2013
This was a ridiculous fluff movie.
August 13, 2013
love teenage move heads up to drama queens
½ August 7, 2013
Should have been assembled more to be a great teen remarkable and memorable movie...
June 10, 2013
Aiight typical Disney movie
½ June 5, 2013
Funny and witty! Perfect for young and teen girls. One of my favorite Lindsay films. Songs are great
June 4, 2013
One of those Lohan flops that still had a name.
½ May 16, 2013
I have the movie poster, lol.
½ April 25, 2013
pretty nice teen movie
½ April 14, 2013
Lo que uno tiene que ver cuando se es Tía.... Dios...... LA PEOR
March 25, 2013
luis quit making movies
February 26, 2013
Not really a Lindsay Lohan fan but the film was bareable
½ February 23, 2013
I didn't like it that well
February 17, 2013
I'm the drama queen here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 1, 2013
It's ok. Not so bad, not so great either.
January 22, 2013
Everyone has a lil drama queen in them