Confidence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Confidence Reviews

½ June 4, 2016
Tastelessly obvious.
½ July 26, 2015
Great cast,average con artist movie.Disappointing with the talent on hand.
September 24, 2014
One of my favorite movies. Exiting from the beginning to the end!
½ March 16, 2014
Edgy, funny and an entertaining mob?con movie. The cast is incredible, the good actors are in this flick. Oceans Eleven-ish
December 29, 2013
Fairly average crime film but Dustin Hoffman has no idea how to play a villain.
October 25, 2013
A Chinese puzzle of a movie with lots of mazes, twists and turns. With narration that becomes addictive the story is complex thus brilliant as one tries to use ones mind to work it all out. Actors do a great job making the characters become believable rascals. Dustin gives one of his master classes in acting and creates a lot of laughter along the way. Nibbles: Italian Asparagus Quiche.
½ August 19, 2013
A mediocre con pic with a blustering Burns and a super-obvious plot.
July 4, 2013
Great film. Edge of your seat excitement.
½ May 28, 2013
I feel conned after watching this film.
½ May 19, 2013
Worth watching. Entertaining, with a great cast.
May 5, 2013
a wonderfully offensive, foul mouthed slick mob thriller crime film. it is less complicated than it wants to me but a great script and wonderful story telling makes up for that.
½ April 2, 2013
I rarely find con man movies very interesting.
March 7, 2013
A con man (Edward Burns) gets in debt with the mafia after he targets an accountant working for them for a con. He then has to deal with a shadow assigned to follow him by the mafia boss (Dustin Hoffman).

The acting is nearly perfect. Especially from Burns and Hoffman. The supporting cast are also wonderful in their roles. Burns is the one that really stands out from the other characters.

The director uses a lot of shadows in this movie. Every shot appears to be set up well.

The only thing I'd liked to have seen is more of Andy Garcia. He doesn't appear until near the end of the movie.

I would suggest that you either rent this as a first choice, or watch it on HBO (or other cable channel).
March 2, 2013
not too bad,just good
December 17, 2012
Really clever and watchable film
½ December 15, 2012
A predictable con-artist film, but with Style! Very Enjoyable.
October 31, 2012
A cool heist movie with lots of twists, though most predictable. Hoffman is great as a gangster with mental conditions.
½ October 2, 2012
Edward Burns. Narrative voice. Smile. So his style. In addition to plenty of goodies like Rachel Weisz, Dustin Hoffman, Andy Garcia and Paul Giamatti. Con artists doing their thing. Enjoyable. Nothing really special, but enjoyable.
September 13, 2012
I was surprised how good it was....
½ August 24, 2012
Great movie. Very good, very interesting, very funny, nice but predictable twist ending. Great cast and performances.