Confidential Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

This was an enjoyable sit through about a G Man getting into a mob gambling racket to find the killer of his partner. Pretty predictable, but offers some twists and turns to keep the viewer interested.

• Dec 13, 2018

Confidential: 5 out of 10: An undercover government agent looks to break up the rackets and find the identity of Mr. Big. Romance and occasional gunplay break out. Well acted in a brisk sixty-five minutes our hero takes on the baddies. It really does remind one of the later serials with the same themes. Confidential does boast better sets and some decent action beats than those serials paticularily a plane chase early on. Some of the fun of old movies like these is the background noise that can fascinate a modern audience. Here we have a government agent with a sentimental attachment to a bobblehead of all things. Also a chance to see a 1930's claw machine in an amusement center scene. I enjoyed it for what it was. Nothing too deep beyond white hats vs. black hats I am afraid.