Connected: An Autoblogography About Love, Death & Technology Reviews

• Jul 03, 2014

Best documentary I've ever seen!

Best documentary I've ever seen!

• Jul 03, 2014

This is such an amazing and inspirational film

This is such an amazing and inspirational film

• Oct 22, 2013

A lot of ideas. A lot of potential. It never gets there. Wherever, "there" is.

A lot of ideas. A lot of potential. It never gets there. Wherever, "there" is.

• Sep 19, 2013

Inintéressant et incohérent

Inintéressant et incohérent

• Apr 07, 2013

Had to check the making date mid watch; I could understand the gushing over enthusiasm for the "innerned" if it was made in 1997 but made in 2011....

• Mar 29, 2013

Simplified history with a heart but it's very self indulgent. As empathetic as I am to her loss, she narrates as though she is the only one who has ever struggled. She grew up in a very privileged world and as much as I feel for her, I got tired of listening to her "whoa is me." She states things her parents said, like no one else ever said them.

• Feb 16, 2013

Connected is essential viewing for anyone who participates in, thinks about, and perhaps has some concerns about how we as humans connect with each other in this digital age. Tiffany Shlain is probably one of our most important filmmakers today - pushing the bounderies of communication and all of its implications. This film is not only a consideration of how we relate to each other as human beings in the digital age - but as importantly - how those connections - and the way that we connect affect us both positively and at times negatively. How are we transforming as a human race with our digital appendages? How can we retain what is human about us? How wonderful it is that we can connect with people across the planet in ways never dreamed of - but also what is the price of that digital connection. As a parent - this is a must - and a must to watch with your children - and gift and share with your friends and family. It should be required viewing in middle school - and should be required viewing for you.

• Feb 01, 2013

I saw this exceptional film at a special screening at LucasFilm's Letterman Arts Center and loved it! It's full of thought-provoking themes making you want to see it many times in order to explore all it has to offer. It's so inventive & "of the moment" that it renames the word "autobiography" into "autoblogography." Connected really takes you on a journey through the historical underpinnings of global interconnectedness from The Big Bang to our current culture and addictions to technology and social media. But that journey is full of humor and vivid imagery making it a truly fast-paced fun adventure! The film also uniquely blends animation, fabulous music and the director, Tiffany Shlain's, own home footage. Interweaving Tiffany's personal, emotional story lends it tender heart and soul. Their Connectedthefilm.com website lists a great review quote from The Atlantic that says it all: "An intensely personal exploration of what human connection means in our modern, technology-obsessed world." Get this film so you can watch many times and share with friends. I'm now working to bring it to the school where I teach (after learning from the director during the Q&A who mentioned that they have a Connected Educator's Edition featuring discussion materials). I think the many, profound topics are super-relevant to all generations but especially our tech-obsessed youth.

• Feb 01, 2013

Every once in awhile you see a film that, long after the credits have rolled, leaves a smile on your face every time you think of it. Connected is that film. Equal parts funny, insightful, and inspiring, the film traces the contours of what it means to be human in an age where texting, twitter, and time with those we value most all vie for our attention. Who or what wins? With more laughs than I expected and a couple more tears than I would care to admit, the film encourages you to find your own answers. Bravo!

• Jan 31, 2013

Just as the NY Times review says, "Examining everything from the Big Bang to twitter...incredibly engaging!" I couldn't sum it up better! I saw this at a film festival and it's a must-see emotionally-charged documentary giving pause for thought on so many profound topics long after you see it. I highly recommend the film & that you watch with others so you can have an engaging post-screening discussion about what it means to be connected as humans, to our environment, to technology and most importantly to the people we care about most! I saw in my FB news feed from the Connectedfilm FB page that the film is coming out on iTunes on Feb 5. So I went to iTunes and it now allows you to pre-order it which is great. Can't wait to see it again!