The Consequences of Love (Le Conseguenze dell'amore) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Consequences of Love (Le Conseguenze dell'amore) Reviews

September 17, 2011
ISUSE BOZE DRAGI KOJI SUPER FILM
½ August 23, 2011
Brilliant psychological crime thriller.
July 15, 2011
Over the head unless the base.
May 25, 2011
What delights you most about The Consequences of Love is the richness of camera work and background score. Both of the aspects have incredible mix and variety and makes the movie a treat for your senses. The long takes suddenly giving way to the standalone images through jump cuts and these images convey much more than your script. Same thing with background score which from lingering gently jumps to a totally higher pitch reminiscent of Darren Aronofsky films.

Sad & Gloomy but immensely enjoyable. Watch it.
½ April 19, 2011
very mysterious piece... nice photography.
½ April 5, 2011
La solitudine, l'amore, la mafia, come non li abbiamo mai visti, e senza strafare. Un austero quasi capolavoro. Film come questo risplendono in fondo al tunnel nel quale il cinema italiano si è gettato.
½ April 5, 2011
Characters and situations in this film feel more like elements of a geometric theorem than something that could happen in real life, but they are arranged in a way that has meaning and an elegant inner symmetry. One of the most interesting films made in Italy in the last decade.
½ April 5, 2011
Smart movie!simple and refreshingly creative neo noir. The best part of the movie was its presentation style which reminded me of a restrained version of david fincher. Camerawork was well thought out and creative throughout the movie using the simplest shots to visualise each scene, most prominently done with long takes Easy and fun way to spent 2 hours:)
½ April 4, 2011
The best movie of Toni Servillo. To understand how idiot is choosing the crime as life style.
½ March 8, 2011
An isolated and rather antisocial man who lives as a permanent hotel resident has seemingly just the one vice: a weekly shot of heroin. We gradually learn more about him, and see what happens when he lets his guard finally slip, but unfortunately there is little real emotional impact. It's an interesting film, some excellent photography and a very good soundtrack, but just that bit sterile, unfortunately. Even so, worth watching.
½ March 1, 2011
Haunting! I was seriously impressed, and that is very rare.
February 18, 2011
My absolute favorite Italian movie...hilarious and tragic all at once, modern and backward with the good old Mafia twist. Progetti per il futuro: non sottovalutare le conseguenze dell'amore. = Never under estimate the consequences of love.
½ January 20, 2011
Consequences of Love is one of the most fascinating film titles. Ever since I saw the DVD in a store in London I was keen to see it. It was priced at 22.95 or else I would have picked it up. I saw Il Divo last year and fell in love with the bold style of Director Paolo Sorrentino. His camera movements, editing style & use of music are just wonderful in this quirky film which reaches a cleverly worked out conclusion. Toni Servillo is in great form here and I must catch his & Paolo Sorrentino's other films as well.
December 5, 2010
Avendo la pazienza di superare la prima parte esageratamente e volutamente lenta entriamo in un film di mafia/amore decisamente più interessante. Toni Servillo (C) straordinario e la nipote della Magnani assomiglia molto a mia cognata!
November 11, 2010
As much as I enjoyed Toni Servillo's excellent acting I wasn't convinced that what happened between di Girolame & Sofia is called love !
I think such characters like Titta di Girolame exist strongly in real life.
The ending is unexpected totally :)
October 23, 2010
Coco! really do you like this wonderful italian movie?! so this is the answer to who say italian cinema is dead! please follow the director career .. he's great! kisses
½ October 2, 2010
deep, stylish and visceral. unmissable. (recommended by an amigo)
½ August 14, 2010
Effective cinematography and very skilful camera work, but ultimately lacking much potency in the plot. A minimalistic script can be fine, but when the strength of the film is its character interactions (both subtle and powerful when needed), why neglect that strength to instead focus on a weak mafia storyline just to throw in a bit of violence and quirkiness?
½ May 16, 2010
Pretty cool movie....I like the way the director put it, although I still not quiet sure what the main character was doing for living.
½ May 14, 2010
Delightful ... Brilliant !!