Contamination - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Contamination Reviews

October 16, 2016
An Italian schlock version of Alien.
July 8, 2016
Killer spore eggs killing people by making them explode.
½ April 21, 2016
Little did cinema realize when it happened just how much Sergio Leone's first two entries of 'The Man With No Name' trilogy, in making spaghetti-western versions of Akira Kurosawa's 'Yojimbo' and 'Sanjuro', would be an influence, today, 50-odd years later. It could be said that in the fervor of Italian directors going from one filmmaking trend to the next (from the neorealist agenda of 'Ossessione' and 'Rome, Open City', to swords-and-sandals epics, then spaghetti westerns, then the crime films of the 70's, then space invasion films, such as this, after the huge global success of Sir Ridley Scott's 'Alien' and George Lucas' 'Star Wars') has had almost as much an influence on cinema as the groundbreaking game-changers that initiated this mass-production. It taught virtually all filmmakers that with a fraction of the huge Hollywood budget, a couple of ideas could be extrapolated into a much cheaper film that could ride on the coattails of success of its way-more-famous predecessor.

Being nostalgic, there were some things that really scored big for me and made me raise my rating: Seeing the Twin Towers of New York City again, the Goblin soundtrack and the Cannon Pictures logo, especially. It's a suspenseful, well-made for its expense sci-fi film that isn't simply worth a watch, but is worth owning a copy and re-watching as well. This is most definitely one of my finer finds from my ominous Mill Creek 50-pack, 'Nightmare Worlds'.
½ April 21, 2016

January 17, 2016
Looking back at this movie today it can be joyfully celebrated as a movie completely of its time. There are many plot holes and the acting is noting spectacular. On the other hand it's fun to watch for the practical effects and for its over the top chest-explosion scenes. Overall it fits snuggly into its place as a rising cult classic.
August 15, 2015
A B-movie Italian knock off of Alien but little more gorier though.
August 9, 2015
This film will always be known as an Italian Alien rip off however there are times this film is more fun than Alien even if far less accomplished. Ian McCulloch would have made a great B Movie James Bond in this era too, need proof? Watch this !
June 13, 2015
People explode in this nasty Italian ALIEN rip-off.
½ June 16, 2014
A sort of spoof idea off of Alien, the soundtrack was done by The Goblins. (aka Goblin) Not the worst film I've ever seen & having Goblin playing throughout was nice.
½ March 15, 2014
Want to remember that I liked when i was a child, but can't really remember it now.. needs to be seen again in other words.
February 19, 2014
Fun B movie cash in on Alien, with a interesting James Bond like plot, exploding eggs and a Goblin soundtrack, it's very youth shambolic.
February 2, 2014
A very good Invasion of the Body Snatchers
May 6, 2013
Slow, cheap, with minor thrills. There's a good bit of gore and some eerie moments, but the story isn't great, the characters are mild, and the monster looks ridiculous. The atmosphere and the effects make the film a bit fun to watch, if you can stay awake from the dull dialog scenes.
October 27, 2012
Better the second time around. Great start with a crewless boat entering New York Harbour but one must be able to get past the apparently immobile alien cyclops at the South American coffee plantation to fully appreciate this Italian production. Another great score from Goblin.
September 29, 2012
Alien ripoff that takes place on earth. Lots of padding. The Alien at the end has to be seen to be believed. For some reason I like it and have watched it about 5 times
September 24, 2012
Hoorah for non cgi gore.
½ September 18, 2012
OK, it was bad. But in a fun way. Still, it was bad. But fun.
August 26, 2012
I cant sleep for a week
May 19, 2012
The movie starts with a bang with some impressive body horror and splatter that was above average fro the day. However once the initial setup passes the middle section is an excruciating with endless stilted dialogue that drags and fails to capitalize on that early good will.
March 17, 2012
A surprisingly good atmospheric and gory Alien rip off made by Starcrah's director Luigi Cozzi. Also, the Goblin score is insane.