Control Remoto Reviews

• Feb 09, 2018

entertaining, but wish it went for more like its obvious 1988 cousin They Live

entertaining, but wish it went for more like its obvious 1988 cousin They Live

• Feb 15, 2014

SOBIG through and through. Made for very little money this film still manages to produce plenty of fun and I'll enjoy many rewatches as the years go by. Made in the same style as old school science fiction films (which also play a part in the film itself) Remote Control is sure to please fans of the old black and white classics. The film has some terrible acting, bad sets, and could have used much better special FX but it is so genuine in its production that you can't help but fall in love with it. Remote Control isn't a good movie... but I like it!

• Dec 05, 2013

This was a blind buy for me on Blu-ray, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed it from start to finish, especially the look back at the giant video stores that have all but disappeared from our landscapes nowadays. Well worth tracking down if you have the chance.

• Oct 12, 2012

great, watch background dancer number 3

great, watch background dancer number 3

• Sep 13, 2012

Malgre toute la sympathique qu'on peut vouer a KEVIN DILLON, MEURTRES EN VHS est un film assez irratrapable, tant par son scenario lamentable et ininteressant que par sa realisation catastrophique, a la limite du professionnel. Rajoutez-y une musique horrible et une sous-utilisation de JENNIFER TILLY et vous avez un nanar sympathique mais pas recommandable.

• Jul 08, 2012

Loved this. Such a fun and goofy little sci-fi flick.

Loved this. Such a fun and goofy little sci-fi flick.

• Aug 17, 2009

Terrifying 80's hair and fashion on full display! Incomprehensible story where a VHS tape parallels a 1950's space movie in the present (1980's) day.

• Jun 28, 2009

Remote Control (a terrific 80's-tastic film way ahead of its time) combines elements of They Live (which came out the same year) and The Ring about a quiet alien takeover where aliens have implanted brainwashing techniques into VHS tapes of a corny 50's sci-fi movie called Remote Control. Once people start watching it, the film focuses on them and turns them mad, causing them to violently hurt of murder those near them. Video store workers Kevin Dillon (Entourage) and Christopher Wynne (Back to the Future) pick up on this after one of their regular customers (Jennifer Tilly in an early and silly role) is murdered by a douchebag whose girlfriend, played by Deborah Goodrich (April Fool's Day), starts falling for Dillon's character. Soon, Dillon, Wynne, and Goodrich start combing the city for tapes of Remote Control, trying to destroy all of them before the human race is destroyed. I loved this movie. It took the funny 80's looks, styles, and dance moves and turned them to 11, causing people to look and act more futuristic. All of the actors played exceptionally well in their roles and, as a whole, this movie wound up being pretty damn entertaining. To add more fuel to my nerdiness, there are small roles from the likes of Dick Durock (Swamp Thing), and 2 Michael Myers', George Wilbur (from Halloween's 4 & 6) and Dick Warlock (Halloween 2). Yes, this movie is awesome, and it REALLY deserves to be on DVD. Hopefully, that will come to fruition one day.

• Jan 18, 2009

I WATCHED THIS FILM AS A KID. I REMEMBER I LOVED IT... BUT WHERE CAN I FIND IT AGAIN?>

• Nov 16, 2008

Years before long-haired pale Japanese girls crawled out of TV sets, there was another video tape killing people called "Remote Control". The plot synopsis is quite accurate and to make it even simpler: Think "They Live" with a killer VHS. Not a horrible watch, but they kill off _ennifer _illy (no need to spoil it for others) in the first twenty minutes. I feel she would have been a much more interesting character than the love interest that we are provided with. Also, how can you have a retro-themed club designed to look like the 80's and with people dressed in over the top 80's fashions? Were the Eighties considered 'retro' even before the Nineties started? And before I forget, on killer line from the movie: " I'm the manager. Eat Shit and Die!" (...told you it's like "They Live")