Reviews

• Apr 09, 2011

3.5 - Genuinely insightful. China Zorrilla is just great. If only the film felt less stagey.

• Jan 14, 2011

A delightful story of the development of a depper relationship between a mother and her adult son as result of the son losing his job. As they spend more time together, their relationship become more tender, and it develops into a friendship between equals. China Zorilla in her role as mother is witty and exquisite, not a dull moment in the film.

• May 02, 2010

In the movie conversaciones con mama the movie shows different relationships with mothers. Throughout the movie we are shown how a son who seems estranged from his mother is almost forced to have talks with his mother because times are hard and he needs to kick his mom out of their extra apartment to be able to survive better. Even though the son calls a lot they still don't know much about each other. This movie is potentially one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I love how the mother just lets loose and is able to open her feelings to her son however its only when he is around. When she gets a boyfriend and the reaction her son gives her is the very atypical of any man. This movie also shows the relationship of his wife and their children and how parents want the best for their children. However neither one of the parents know what their children's dreams are. Once the father realizes that his children don't want to be boring business people, he starts to open his mind up to these ideas. I believe this movie in a lot of ways is saying that we have become to technology dependent and have lost touch with the idea of human contact. We as a generation live on our computers, cell phones, pda's, etc. the idea of going for a walk with another person or walking over to our neighbors to hang out seems absurd. People have forgotten what it is like to run around and just have fun with others. We feel the need to text each other, we can't even pick up the phone to have a voice to voice conversation. I believe this movie along with Walle has a very good message that we need to be aware of others from a non technology level.

• Jan 08, 2010

Que linda película.....

Que linda película.....

• May 15, 2009

I had originally rated this movie 3 stars I am upping one star. What a fantastic movie. Its rare to see a good movie with a great character for older female actors. Essentially this movie is mainly all the conversations below a son and his 84 years old mother. He has been laid off and they want to move her out of the apartment and sell it (they own it) She is to come live with them.. boy does she have some surprises!! great movie great dialogues interesting plot real conversations about seemingly real things happening. Wonderful, touching, moving, funny and more. They call it a "small film" but it is a movie which gets high marks from me. very good entertainment. four stars

• Dec 30, 2008

Una de esas pelis que parecen adentrarse en la intimidad de las personas. Es tan humana y calida, cine de actores

• Nov 22, 2008

Linda historia con 3 actorazos

Linda historia con 3 actorazos

• Nov 03, 2008

live life as you want, not as it's suposed to. you will have no regrets if you are trully doing what you want to do

• Oct 11, 2008

Ex-ce-len-te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex-ce-len-te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jun 30, 2008

¿Os acordais del Hijo de la Novia? El mismo actor y una tematica similar. Pero esta bien.