Conversations With Other Women - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Conversations With Other Women Reviews

November 21, 2012
Conversations with Other Women still remains one of my favorite films. The split screen provides for an interesting watch and fits true to the film's tagline: There are two sides to every love story. Helena Bonham Carter and Aaron Eckhart have great energy on screen, further enhancing the development of the characters' relationship.
November 6, 2012
This is a movie that is moved more by dialogue (as in plays) than any other component of film.
October 1, 2012
AN Iffy Plot with some creative camera work to balance it out.
September 23, 2012
Has its moments and also its share of cliches.
½ September 12, 2012
Gut gemacht in vielerlei Hinsicht.
Schöne Bilder, Interessante Rückblicke und eine überraschende Story.
June 26, 2012
Well done! Well thought-out characters, I must say and just a really simple (in the best way) story, told in a really enjoyably original way.
½ June 11, 2012
I found this movie surprisingly good, given if mostly was just dialogue between two people. The dialogue was witty, sharp & the acting was awesome. I was interested in the film the whole way through, although I must admit it ended with me wanting to know more.
May 20, 2012
missed this one completely at the cinema - found it buried away on netfilx - oh, what a marvellous gem of a movie - loved it
May 13, 2012
stimulating man/woman tussle about life, love and the whole damn thing...luv the leads..<3 Helena :)
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
April 12, 2012
Uhhh...I like this movie. There are specs of brilliance all over the place. The acting is really good, and the writing is really good. But, I have to say, the fact that this SO closely resembles Before Sunrise and Before Sunset ruins it a bit. It's not a bad movie or anything, but I fear it thinks it's innovative when the exact same thing has been done before.
½ March 14, 2012
the "gimmick" was great and extremely well executed. i love 2-actor-only movies. and with the acting of Carter and Eckhart, you can't ask for much more. loved it.
March 9, 2012
I will always admire how a movie with just two actors having a conversation can be so interesting
February 25, 2012
Its my favourite film! Such a beautiful story and amazing acting
½ February 18, 2012
After a couple of those first moments I said, "They better not keep this up ALL movie!"

Then I realized that I shouldn't be so quick to judge which is the story of my life, and just give it a chance. I ended up REALLY liking it! Movies that are about simplicity, are my favorite. My favorite movie of all time (12 Angry Men) gives that sense to its viewers. But they are never simple movies! They just give off that feeling so you can now digest the complexity of it.

In this particular film they talk in a hotel conference room where the wedding they're at is held, go up stairs, hang out on the roof for some air for maybe 5-10 minutes, go back to the hotel room, then outside into cabs ... end movie.

However, in the midst of this "simplicity" we find out the relationship between the two characters, the severity of the situation, and the feelings of the two. So we think, "what's going to happen next here? I wonder how this is going to affect their lives and the lives of those close to them?"

And if you want to think like a filmmaker (blocking, hiting marks on the correct timing, yet still making it believeable, this or that angle for this part with this monologue during), it just gets even more complex and not so simple anymore. All of this "simplicity" went through my mind while viewing,

I recommend for any avid movie goer that's slightly more interested than your average person. The "tactic" or the "gimmick" of this film that probably was the reason on what sold it to the right people to get it made, may be a turn off to your average movie goer.
January 28, 2012
Really odd film, we never learn the names of the main characters. In the beginning we think they might not each other but not quite sure. Eventually their connection through the past unfolds in the night they spend together following a wedding.

The camera was not flattering really to Helena Bonham Carter who looks closer to 49 than the 39 of her character. Perhaps it is a reflection of the heaviness of her heart. She is at times brutally hones to Aaron, not seeming to realize how much pain he is in. Or at least not caring.

Aaron Eckhart's performance really stands out as the injured lover. Good flick with a nice bottle of wine.

One thing I did not understand was the title of the film.
January 18, 2012
Wonderful depiction of two lovers, close and distant at the same time unsure about their relations, following their instincts and resisting them, splitting and coming back together in their lives and, quite literally, on the screen. As they mix truth and lies, memories and dreams, present and past, their imaginative world seamlessly blends into the reality and disappears in it. One needs to be in quite a depressive, heartbroken mood to get some pleasure from watching the movie. But it's good.
January 11, 2012
Trippy camera work. Great acting though.
January 5, 2012
More often than not, I enjoy movies that leave questions unanswered, encouraging its watchers to interpret and determine things for themselves. While this movie is not short of a few flaws, it is smart and captivating. Eckhart and Carter are a seemingly unlikely, but very charismatic and complimentary duo on screen.
December 30, 2011
Extremely boring. Their wasn't good chemistry either. At all. Don't bother with this odd story of an old couples relationship.