Convicts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Convicts Reviews

April 15, 2012
Just saw this movie again. It's not easy to watch, as it is a bit odd, but also portrays a segment of our history that is uncomfortable to see portrayed, as it should. The tragic thing is that other than having Robert Duvall be a Confederate veteran, this movie could occur at least 30 years later, when Southern blacks, and some whites, were railroaded into a prison system that made chattel slavery look desirable. Props to Horton Foote for writing about this subject and for the studio having the courage to release a picture covering this shameful episode in our history. This is a tale worthy of Faulkner, and I'm amazed that the film was even made.
March 2, 2011
W: 1. Can't decide whether I like Duvall's acting here.
February 26, 2011
I am a big Robert Duvall fan. But even a good effort from Duvall could make this movie worth recommending.
½ August 14, 2009
This is one bizzare movie. At least 15-20 minutes of which sees Robert Duval Shooting at a emtey closet swearing there is an escapted convict in it. Avoid this one.
½ June 13, 2009
For the most part a descent movie. It is a very slow movie and some of the minor characters acting could not be worse. However the main characters do a fair job. Also the movie does tell a good story.
½ March 15, 2009
Lukas Haas is great as the boy, Robert Duvall is excellent as the crotchety old man, and James Earl Jones is wholly forgettable as the random other guy.
February 12, 2009
i love the movie it shows how older people get dementa at the end of thiers lifes and how lonely they become and that they should not ever be alone pauline normingotn
November 11, 2008
Very good film. Must See in my opinion !
May 5, 2008
One last Duvall and Foote collaboration, this little sleeper is a jewel
November 20, 2007
[You commented on this movie]
really crap ~

really crap ~
July 2, 2007
Nicely made, very well acted by the whole cast. Good sound and cinematography. Unfortunately it can be quite boring and moves very slowly. I never really lost interest, but I also did not find it particularly involving.