Cookers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cookers Reviews

September 2, 2010
THIS HAS SPOILERS, BUT NOTHING THAT YOU CAN?T FIGURE OUT IF YOU READ THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE MOVIE OR A BRAIN. I just decided to watch this movie on a whim. I guess Breaking Bad has spoiled me into thinking some people who want to use Meth as a subject might know what they're doing.

I couldn't make it through the first 40 minutes. There was nothing of any real interest happening in that time. It turned me off and I missed out on what must have been good info for the ending, which I still think wasn't fully explained. And the interplay between actors was stiff. Even with the low production values, it still just stuck with the corny visuals and offered nothing really creative. You can pass on this one.
September 1, 2010
If you don't like low budget movies...don't watch this. If you want to watch a good crappy movie about three people at a make-shift meth lab in the middle of the woods...watch it. I loved this movie.
September 1, 2010
I watched it just because and it is the worst movies i've ever seen
March 23, 2010
The movie seems to aspire toward a level it cannot reach because of, in the first place, lack of proper talent. Bad directing, lousy script and, at least partly as a result of all that, less-than-impressive acting add up to simply too dull an affair, almost unbearable to sit through.
½ February 19, 2010
Not a horror movie but one about drug addicts starting to 'flip'. It had it's moments, but just not enough 'happening', all comes down to camera movement, freeky atmosphere and nervous behaving characters.... and about 3/4 thru the movie it started to get kinda silly.
½ January 22, 2010
Good performances but boring. It's tough to sympathize with meth heads especially when the point of the movie is not being able to tell if it's the drugs or really a haunted house.
December 28, 2009
i thought this movie was great the horror was there if any of you have experienced some of the things that happened!! any way brad hunt nailed the methed out junkie great performance for a good actor.
December 2, 2009
meh. kinda stupid. The main male character is a total douche.
½ October 12, 2009
lol. dunno how this won awards.
½ April 6, 2009
Very boring, not much action. It is advertised as a horror movie and its not even frightening. I am greatly dissapointed!
½ February 21, 2009
The acclaim for Cookers is baffling to me. This was a terrible B-movie trying desperately to be subtle and intelligent, but failing miserably due to a combined lack of budget and creativity. The performances are surprisingly good, but the real problem lies in the long, talky, unoriginal script and the grotesque, orange lighting scheme, which somehow manages to burn retinas while making the entire film appear bland. If you're looking for a subtly eerie indie flick, skip this one and head straight for Session 9.
February 4, 2009
This movie just didn't click with me
February 3, 2009
Cookers is a very well made low budget chiller. Being practically unheard of and a relatively small film its destined to obtain cult underground status. It takes the haunted house genre and mixes it with meth addiction and this is what we get. Its not so much of a horror film in the true sense of the word, its more like a study of what drugs do to your sense of perception and how they consume you until there's nothing left but paranoia.

Cooker depends entirely on the performance of its cast and in this case its even a harder task when the cast consist of 3 characters only. They won't win any oscars but they do a great job in carrying the film. Cookers just gives the viewer this sense of hopeless doom and depression, it almost puts you there in the house, in the lifestyle of the cooker, the dealer and the oaf who assists them.

Its a creepy, depressing good ol'time!
January 19, 2009
This was a really neat movie simply because it's a concept I had never really thought of before. It was entertaining to watch the people in the movie help along their own demise. But I will say it's not a movie for everyone....
½ August 15, 2008
About an hour too long.
July 23, 2008
I love this movie....it's awesome it makes you never want to do cocaine. Or any drug...
April 19, 2008
Truly one of the best horror, thriller movies I have seen. A Brilliant independent feature, superb acting, flawless direction.
It should be a hit !
½ March 27, 2008
Boring. It's supposed to be a horror movie but it's just a couple of meth heads seeing shit
March 19, 2008
this movie is completely misunderstood. everyone always represent it as a shitty trash horror movie, which it isn`t at all.