Cookie's Fortune Reviews

• Aug 20, 2017

Southern Dressing for my soul.

Southern Dressing for my soul.

• May 01, 2017

Basically two hours of Glenn Close dragging her fingernails down a chalkboard. Dutton and Beatty make it almost bearable, but Julianne Moore is depressingly wasted. An idiot plot if there ever was one.

• Apr 19, 2016

Entertaining enough even if it's not director Robert Altman's greatest hit.

Entertaining enough even if it's not director Robert Altman's greatest hit.

• Jul 14, 2015

COOKIE'S FORTUNE is maestro Robert Altman's lesser known work, an outlandish comedy about an intrigue deriving from Cookie (Neal)'s suicide in a small town in Mississippi. It is a sterling ensemble piece and Anne Rapp's satirical script excels in mockery of the Presbyterian church and the provincial racism while Altman is mostly at ease with the straightforward storyline. keep reading my review on my blog: https://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/cookiesfortune1999/

• Jul 04, 2015

Very good movie, outstanding cast

Very good movie, outstanding cast

• Jun 14, 2015

• Jan 05, 2015

A light, fun comedy with a top-notch ensemble.

A light, fun comedy with a top-notch ensemble.

• Oct 25, 2013

I watched this movie twice when it first came out and have been looking for it ever since. It hasn't been on Netflix although I've had it on my waiting list for years. I recently found a copy of it on Amazon and watched it again. It's one of my all time favorites. A line I've remembered all this time, is when the sheriff tells the out-of-town detective that he knows Willis is innocent, "Because I fish with him!"

• May 25, 2013

Most of what transpires is low-key, affectionate comedy and a fair amount of fun. another winner from robert altman.

• Apr 12, 2013

Julianne Moore and Glenn Close are awesome. Every time Liv Tyler is on screen she brings the whole thing down.