Cooper's Camera - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cooper's Camera Reviews

July 31, 2012
This is on Netflix under Coopers' Christmas. It may push the envelope for some people and become distasteful, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch if you're into the whole dysfunctional family and christmas comedy scene.
October 23, 2011
one of the funniest films i've ever seen! perfectly done, and the camera/filming style just makes it :)
September 27, 2011
omg best movie ever.
½ July 4, 2011
Stupid!A couple of laughs!
January 23, 2011
As far as low budget comedies go, this one is pretty good.
December 24, 2010
Extremely odd and off putting. However it is about family... sort of.
December 1, 2010
Sometimes funny but often too much and irritated.
November 19, 2010
I haven't laughed this hard in years. Can't say I'm a big fan of the comedy genre but I thought I'd check this out based on the era, 1985, and the cast, better known for their roles on 'The Daily Show'. My and my girlfriend were in stitches the night we watched this. We laughed till we cried, and then we cried until our eyes burned. We still go back and forward to specific scenes just for a jolt of humor. Still works too... Think of this as a mash-up of "National Lampoons Christmas" and the TV show 'The Office'.
August 26, 2010
Dave Foley flashes tackle. That's usually an automatic two-star upgrade.
January 3, 2010
Brilliantly funny! Why oh why this doesn't get a more broader release is beyond me. With a bit more marketing help, it could be a perpetual Christmas classic.
December 8, 2009
Good King Gordy answers the door for all the Christmas people. Things not to do over the holidays: get royally smashed, have mushrooms on toast from Welsh Germany, shove a closet full of towels, push your Poppy down slopes and punch him in the nuts, drink then wipe up the mess made by floor cleaner, ram a car into a hated relative's vehicle, run said relative over after kicking down motel doors, and proceed to hop the border. Marcus, Aunt Bev, and Wayne were the funniest family members, and two of the best lines were 'Chewie won't fit on the stupid ass pony!' and Marcus' 'Pirates? Where?!' to Gord spelling 'P-R-I-V-A-T-E.'
November 27, 2009
Though sometimes dark, Coopers' Camera is unwatchable.
February 17, 2009
haaaa this looks not bad
½ September 14, 2008
Totally awful. Not even remotely funny. The ugly stepchild of the unscripted comedy movie. The only reason I gave it a single star is because the scenes with dave Foley were brilliant.
September 13, 2008
This movie was an all Canadian production. Some scenes were over the top, but still wonderfully zany. Dave Foley still cracks me up.
September 10, 2008
Jason Jones shows he has the potential to be a breakout star in the coming years.

The movie itself is sometimes very funny and sometimes too over the top for my liking.

A word of warning...the movie is filmed from the perspective of a home movie, so don't sit too close in the theatre
½ September 9, 2008
Best Canadian film I've ever seen. Jason Jones and Samantha Bee crack me up as usual. Mike Beaver has redemed himself for Ham and Cheese. A must see for any Jason Jones fan.
September 9, 2008
Very funny! Love that young actor Gage Munroe as Dougie!!!!
September 8, 2008
One of the funniest films this year with scenes that will be spoken of for years to come, whether it's a suicidal teenager lapping up his vomit after drinking Pine Sol or a full frontal of Dave Foley it is cringe inducing hilarity at its best.