Copenhagen Reviews

• Jun 10, 2019

Such a great movie. Hands down one of my favorite movies of all time.

Such a great movie. Hands down one of my favorite movies of all time.

• Aug 20, 2018

You don't want to like the main character. He's the stereotypical American asshole that only cares about himself and how others are serving him. This is his journey through Denmark, in hopes of discovering something deeper regarding his dead father's childhood. You don't want to like him, but he finds love - and, honestly, who doesn't love a sappy romance. What this film does very well is how it tests they viewer's open-mindedness with regards social constructs. Good storytelling pushing the limits of comfort. Not your average romance film.

• Apr 23, 2018

reat movie with great actors. I'm really surprised it hasn't received more recognition and awards. The movie isn't exploitative or gimmicky, it's a about how people touch each other's lives and it's done without any cheesiness. Frederikke Dahl Hansen who plays the young girl gives a remarkable performance, one of the best I've seen in 2014. She really made you believe her character was real. ?

• Apr 16, 2018

An interesting story, however, demonstrates how an American should not present himself when visiting Europe. Maybe this is where we get the term, "ugly American." If not ugly, then certainly immature.

• Apr 15, 2018

I really liked the cinematography of this film . The music and acting were excellent also. The elephant in the room was the girls age which even now I am uncomfortable with but people should reserve judgement until the end if like me they think of turning off early. IMy best description I can think of for this film is 'Lost in translations younger sibling'.

• Apr 05, 2018

Hoped the film would address the fact this 28 year old was pursuing a 14 year old but it didn't. By casting an 18 year old to play the 14 year old it made it easier as a viewer to not be so disgusted, but really that's just irresponsible casting even though the actress was great herself. Men sexualising young teenage girls is common and gross enough, doesn't need romanticising in an arty film.

• Sep 11, 2017

Hard to like a movie when the main character is one of the most unlikeable douchebags in cinematic history. The story is good I suppose and it does take place in Copenhagen(well, duh) an amazing city, but it's too hard to get over how much you want the douchebag to get what's coming to him and in the end doesn't happen.

• Jul 20, 2017

I have a short attention span yet was unable to wander my mind away from this movie. Everything from the music to the scenery was captivating. Why this movie didn't get top billing I don't know. Highly recommend it.

• May 12, 2017

Enjoyed the movie, felt that the driver for the movie was the faux pas for the story that began to manifest; I was interested to see how it would turn out.

• Feb 14, 2017

Pretty unlikable main character, movie could have gotten really creepy, but in the end wasn't bad.