Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang Reviews

½ November 27, 2013
It does have a good concept: clever and savagely unique but sadly, it gets too easily convoluted leading to an uninspiring turn of events.
March 18, 2013
Excruciatingly intense horror/mystery/suspense film... Totally you will feel the setting of the movie if you understand Hiligaynon...
½ December 6, 2012
A horror story that doesn't know its a horror story.

They marry, she gets pregnant, her baby dies, she goes insane, kills other kids for the heck of it then they run away together...never to be seen again.

Plain, Awful
July 15, 2012
Nice cinematography and I wish I could say the same thing for whole film. Traditional Philippine cinema that lacks complexity and focuses on the love story.
½ May 11, 2012
fresh story ! not just scares people but it has a heart ! very filipino!!
½ May 4, 2012
The movie was billed as a horror movie based on the trailers and ads when in fact when you watched the movie, it wasn't that scary and a horror flick at all. There are thriller and suspense scenes but as a whole it is a love story of a couple tested by faith and destiny. It has a very likeable ultimate love story but not fully reveal until the half of the movie as it is cover up under the plot and themes about the suppose Pinoy first legend monster - Aswang. Some of moviegoers didn't like the idea as it is misleading but for me it is an inventive style of making the movie because I'm already used to usual Pinoy romantic movies and this is something new. Cinematography is well done and the best asset of the movie. Though, characters lack back stories to tell and leads Gonzales and Ramsay lack chemistry, it has a good story to watch, the few thrill scenes are good spice up in between and has a satisfying ending.
½ March 30, 2012
This film is preposterous, reprehensible, repugnant and dismaying; a vacuous love story it is. Not only does it offer a prosy tale, the lead actors failed to embody their roles as well. The origin of "aswang" is beyond our ken, but we won't believe that it must have been something like this.