Corky Romano - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Corky Romano Reviews

½ September 27, 2016
It was a stupid comedy and it achieved what was intended. People take these movies too seriously.
½ September 17, 2016
Corky Ramno(2001)
Starring: Chris Kattan, Vinessa Shaw, Peter Falk, Peter Berg, Chris Penn, Fred Ward, Richard Roundtree, Roger Fan, Dave Sheridan, Michael Masse, Vincent Passe, Fiona Hale, Matthew Glave, Kip King, and AlBen
Directed By: Rob Pritts
Review
UNDERCOVER AND OUT THE WAY!
Corky Ramno continues the Saturday Night Live jink, which in recent years has frustrated the talented members of the TV program in their efforts to make watchable movies. It's a desperately unfunny gangster spoof, starring Chris Kattan as a kid brother in a Mafia family, so trusting and naive he really does believe his father is in the landscaping business.
I submit as general principal that it is not funny when a clumsy person knocks over something in a room, hell I used to do that all the time when I was younger and sometimes still do. The choreography makes it obvious that the character, in one way or another is deliberately careening from one collision to another. It always looks deliberate. Indeed it looks like a deliberate attempt to force laughs instead of building them.
In the movie, Corky's father is played by Peter Falk. True, Falk is one of the first guys you'd think of for this role, but they should have kept thinking. He played similar roles so many times that he can sleepwalk through his dialogue, a completely unexpected casting choice might have been funnier. Corky has two very tough brothers(Peter Berg and Chris Penn) who doubt their father's plan, which is that the youngest son should infiltrate the FBI in order to destroy the evidence against the old man.
That brings Croky into contact with Howard Schuster(Richard Roundtree) the local FBI chief who is given the thankless comic rask of never knowing more than he needs to know in order to make the wrong decision. There's also Vinessa Shaw as an FBI agent who go's undercover as a sexy nurse. Or maybe she's a sexy agent who geos undercover as a nurse. Such a thin line that separates the two concepts.
Corky Ramno is like a dead zone of comedy. The concept is exhausted, the ideas are tired, the physical gags are routine, the story is labored, and the actors look like they can barley contain their doubts about the project.
September 3, 2016
While Chris Kattan's performance is a bit annoying (something even the movie itself acknowledges) and the writing is sloppy, Corky Romano is a comedy movie best enjoyed with your brain off and I don't think it deserves its current score.
½ July 14, 2016
Corky Romano fait partie de cette trop longue série de films qui se sont financés sur le nom d'un cast member du Saturday Night Live. Ici, c'est Chris Kattan qui en fait des tonnes et des tonnes en membre de la Mafia infiltré au FBI. Aucun gag n'est vraiment réussi, aucun n'est novateur, tous sont pathétiques et filmés à la va-comme-je-te-pousse par Rob Pritts, sans surprise un one-timer. Corky Romano n'est pourtant pas dénué de toute qualité. En effet, quelques seconds rôles comme Dave Sheridan, Roger Fan ou Peter Berg se sortent un peu de la misère et le film est assez court pour ne pas avoir à se répéter. Il n'en demeure pas moins que ce qui n'aurait déjà pas été drôle en tant que sketch du SNL l'est encore moins sur 1h30. Et c'est ici le vrai crime de Corky Romano.
½ May 3, 2016
I like Chris Kattan but this ain't no Night at the Roxbury.
½ October 25, 2015
Good God, was funny when I first saw it but 10 years later it's bloody awful.
½ October 11, 2015
Chris Kattan. What can I say about this Saturday Night Live cast-away that hasn't already been said about untreated sewage? Here he plays the comedic titular character who is charged by his mafia family to infiltrate the FBI and destroy evidence against the don, played by the great Peter Falk, who, to appear next to Chris Kattan, must have been given a paycheck with more zeroes than the national debt. Kattan has the acting chops of a screwdriver and the onscreen presence of a rotten kumquat. I would suggest that the producers release a 15th anniversary edition Blu-ray, retitle the movie "Dung: An Oral History," then burn every copy. And I would suggest to you, if you're reading this looking for a comedy movie to watch and somehow thought "Corky Romano" might be funny, there are more laughs in "Sophie's Choice" than in this Chris Kattan tripe.
September 16, 2015
I know everybody hated it but imo it was really funny. A personal favourite/classic. The plot is pretty bad, as it is spoiled in the beginning but the comedy was great
½ May 27, 2015
i thought it was funny
February 17, 2015
idk why everyone seems to dislike this movie. I absolutely love it. I think it's hilarious and I'll watch it over and over again. It's dumb funny like dumb and dumberer.
½ August 16, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
July 20, 2014
I am a big fan of "Saturday Night Live" and films like Night at the Roxby, but while this does have it's funny moments, it ultimately falls flat.
January 21, 2014
The worst comedy probably ever and I'm pretty sure Goebbles commissioned a few in his day.
August 26, 2013
Overly simplistic fun. None other than that.
August 13, 2013
Further proof that movies and SNL don't mix. At all.
July 12, 2013
Loveeeee this movie!!!!!!
May 28, 2013
A mob family's only chance of keeping their father out of jail is sending their idiot brother in undercover as a FBI agent and steal the evidence against their dad. The brother they have do that is corky who is a veterinarian and is pretty much clumsy at everything. Is this movie stupid? Yes, but at times it's pretty funny and most times it is pretty absurd. I don't think Chris kattan is a bad actor because I really enjoyed him on SNL. The acting at times was very dismal. Like I said before when you try a little to hard to be funny you just flat out fail. And there are some instances of that in this movie. I don't think it's a total waste of time but just know you are about to watch a dumb comedy that's not great but good only for a few laughs.
½ May 28, 2013
good for a few laughs. A Comedy for everyone
March 9, 2013
Completely forgettable. Chris Kattan just isn't that great a lead.