Corky Romano Reviews

• Dec 31, 2019

My siblings and I love this movie. We say so many quotes from this movie. Our favorite is "sorry I forgot to wrap it"

• Feb 23, 2019

I have enjoyed Chris Kattan in a few sketches in Saturday Night Live and have enjoyed his performances in Undercover Brother and A Night At The Roxbury. This is a very stupid movie but it does have its moments and it was clearly intended to be a silly funny movie.

• Oct 26, 2018

I was a teenager when this came out. So it made me laugh then, and it still makes me laugh now, except I know how dumb it is! It’s a classic early 2000’s movie that will only make people like me laugh.

• May 04, 2018

Amongst friends, we compare all terrible movies to this one, on the suck meter. None has yet reached this low.

• Sep 27, 2016

It was a stupid comedy and it achieved what was intended. People take these movies too seriously.

• Sep 17, 2016

Corky Ramno(2001) Starring: Chris Kattan, Vinessa Shaw, Peter Falk, Peter Berg, Chris Penn, Fred Ward, Richard Roundtree, Roger Fan, Dave Sheridan, Michael Masse, Vincent Passe, Fiona Hale, Matthew Glave, Kip King, and AlBen Directed By: Rob Pritts Review UNDERCOVER AND OUT THE WAY! Corky Ramno continues the Saturday Night Live jink, which in recent years has frustrated the talented members of the TV program in their efforts to make watchable movies. It's a desperately unfunny gangster spoof, starring Chris Kattan as a kid brother in a Mafia family, so trusting and naive he really does believe his father is in the landscaping business. I submit as general principal that it is not funny when a clumsy person knocks over something in a room, hell I used to do that all the time when I was younger and sometimes still do. The choreography makes it obvious that the character, in one way or another is deliberately careening from one collision to another. It always looks deliberate. Indeed it looks like a deliberate attempt to force laughs instead of building them. In the movie, Corky's father is played by Peter Falk. True, Falk is one of the first guys you'd think of for this role, but they should have kept thinking. He played similar roles so many times that he can sleepwalk through his dialogue, a completely unexpected casting choice might have been funnier. Corky has two very tough brothers(Peter Berg and Chris Penn) who doubt their father's plan, which is that the youngest son should infiltrate the FBI in order to destroy the evidence against the old man. That brings Croky into contact with Howard Schuster(Richard Roundtree) the local FBI chief who is given the thankless comic rask of never knowing more than he needs to know in order to make the wrong decision. There's also Vinessa Shaw as an FBI agent who go's undercover as a sexy nurse. Or maybe she's a sexy agent who geos undercover as a nurse. Such a thin line that separates the two concepts. Corky Ramno is like a dead zone of comedy. The concept is exhausted, the ideas are tired, the physical gags are routine, the story is labored, and the actors look like they can barley contain their doubts about the project.

• Sep 03, 2016

While Chris Kattan's performance is a bit annoying (something even the movie itself acknowledges) and the writing is sloppy, Corky Romano is a comedy movie best enjoyed with your brain off and I don't think it deserves its current score.

• Jul 14, 2016

Corky Romano fait partie de cette trop longue série de films qui se sont financés sur le nom d'un cast member du Saturday Night Live. Ici, c'est Chris Kattan qui en fait des tonnes et des tonnes en membre de la Mafia infiltré au FBI. Aucun gag n'est vraiment réussi, aucun n'est novateur, tous sont pathétiques et filmés à la va-comme-je-te-pousse par Rob Pritts, sans surprise un one-timer. Corky Romano n'est pourtant pas dénué de toute qualité. En effet, quelques seconds rôles comme Dave Sheridan, Roger Fan ou Peter Berg se sortent un peu de la misère et le film est assez court pour ne pas avoir à se répéter. Il n'en demeure pas moins que ce qui n'aurait déjà pas été drôle en tant que sketch du SNL l'est encore moins sur 1h30. Et c'est ici le vrai crime de Corky Romano.

• May 03, 2016

I like Chris Kattan but this ain't no Night at the Roxbury.

I like Chris Kattan but this ain't no Night at the Roxbury.

• Oct 25, 2015

Good God, was funny when I first saw it but 10 years later it's bloody awful.

Good God, was funny when I first saw it but 10 years later it's bloody awful.