Corrina, Corrina Reviews

• Sep 24, 2018

Wonderful, heartwarming film!

Wonderful, heartwarming film!

• Sep 15, 2018

Cute period piece about cultural divide in 60's America.

Cute period piece about cultural divide in 60's America.

• Apr 04, 2018

A movie I've loved since I was a kid. I still blow at traffic lights (mind you I'm pushing 30). Good movie, good message, GREAT CAST.

• Mar 04, 2018

I first saw this movie in 1994 and loved it. I just watched again and it still warmed my heart. Whoopi Goldberg and Ray Liota are lovely and full of chemistry. The child played Tina Majorina is breathtakingly good. No they do not dive deeply into the racism but it is present.And we are left with a couple who are going to go for it despite the racism. And the music is fabulous too! We also have a young Jennifer Lewis to enjoy.

• Oct 31, 2016

Corina Corina was not a typical box office driven film, but more like an art film with subtle, quiet scenes of despair and loneliness uncharacteristic of American cinema. Whoopie Goldberg as Corina, hired by a bereft father, Manny Singer (played by Ray Alioto) who has just lost his wife, is an unusual caretaker and maid. Black, educated and enlightened toward the needs of Manny's young daughter, Molly, (Tina Majorino) Goldberg plays this role almost effortlessly, as if it were made for her. She slowly introduces the young child to concepts of an afterlife, and quietly invades the father's shutdown state with her delicate, ad hoc approach to grief. The slow pace and lack of peak moments might bother the average American viewer, but the slow, steady bonds that develop among the characters are laced with humor and sensitivity. In fact, this film succeeds wildly in its effort to depict the genuine connection here between employee and family. It surpasses the typical 'race' film by minimizing the social milieu and instead emphasizing the personalities of the characters, making this film a genuine classic. Goldberg works out her relationship with sister and family with the same quiet fortitude she brings to her two grieving charges. Throughout the film each move she makes and each scene in which she brings life to the little girl, and to her sister's children, stand out as crystalline examples of the power of simply, homely love. Eventually she makes a decision on her own to keep the little girl out of school, causing a rift between her and Alioto; this too, after one inflamed passage between them of strain and alienation. is expressed quietly, and resolves in the last moments when the two at last must face the intensity and endurance of their relationship. An incredibly moving and authentic picture of life without the usual American film clichés.

• Dec 03, 2015

A personal childhood classic that is a feel good must see - in my opinion !

A personal childhood classic that is a feel good must see - in my opinion !

• Jul 09, 2015

A charming little family drama about a husband (Ray Liotta) & daughter (Tina Majorino) losing their mother & trying to cope but also requiring to hire a nanny. Although this is wildly predictable it's has a charm & nice pacing to it & it's a nice film with a great tempo to it. Whoopi is great as the nanny and a lot of the film's power is what's not said. It's touching & like able & shame little Tina Majorino didn't have a strong adult acting career.

• Jun 02, 2015

I really enjoyed this film, I didn't loose interest and got very into the story, the acting was great and the music was good. I'd recommend this film, you won't be disappointed, it is definitely not a rotten tomato!

• May 05, 2015

An underrated film. A heart warming and enjoyable tale where love triumphs over ignorance, fear, and racism. Solid performances all the way around from the adorable young actress who plays

• Apr 19, 2015

A warmhearted melodramatic tearjerker with actors I like but a script I didn't.

A warmhearted melodramatic tearjerker with actors I like but a script I didn't.