Corruption - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Corruption Reviews

September 3, 2016
This was alright late 60's Horror movie starring Peter Cushing.
Fiancée gets facial scar so Cushing starts killing ladies to fix her face.
October 24, 2015
The psychological undercurrent of fear of failure that affects the surgeon is so awkwardly and haphazardly presented, that the film's more serious intentions might even be more absurd than all the gory killings that take up the heart of the film.
½ March 11, 2014
This movie should be watched as considering its age it is a nasty movie. There are no nice characters apart from Cushing in it. His woman is horrible throughout the movie. She is really good looking and that is probably what got he in love with her. A great period piece.
½ March 31, 2012
I'm kind of shocked to log on to Flixster and not see more people being chatty about this little thriller. To be fair, it is largely unseen by US audiences, even with it being screened on TCM (which is how I got to see it). Corruption (AKA Carnage, The Laser Killer) is a late 1960's thriller starring Peter Cushing and Sue Lloyd (both of whom give terrific performances) about a doctor who must murder in order to get the body parts needed in order to keep his wife's face beautiful. Vanity, greed and insecurity are on the plate for this particular movie that doesn't quite hit its mark. It's true that the film is very much a British take on Eyes Without a Face, but like many imitators of that film, it isn't quite as good. By the end of the film it loses its narrative focus and just goes completely bonkers. On the other hand, it's a pretty well-made film. I especially like the scenes when the "thriller" music (nothing more than over-the-top swinging 60's jazz) is muted by the flick of a light switch or the closing of a refrigerator door. But the music is horribly out of place, and I'd like to think that a lot of the scenes could've used silence in the background for tension, but that's just me. In the end, it's a mess of a film that winds up being entertaining anyways. It's definitely not perfect, but check it out sometime if you can find a copy. Peter Cushing's and Sue Lloyd's manic performances are reason enough to check out. Of course, how can you not check out a film that has Peter Cushing in it?!
½ February 23, 2012
A decent variation on the "Eyes Without a Face" plot, but the "home invasion" conclusion seriously cheapens the film. The boisterous jazz score is grossly inappropriate at times, but it's weirdly intriguing to see Peter Cushing run (and run quite well for someone of his age) during one scene.
FilmFanatik
½ January 12, 2012
September 14, 2011
crushing brings the creepy to this horror story but even he can't save this one!
August 20, 2010
The most demented Peter Cushing ever.
August 9, 2010
The story may be familiar, but this treatment is headlined by Peter Cushing, in top form as always, and kept moving with a kitschy energy and offbeat dark humor, leading to a wild climax involving an out-of-control laser. Great entertainment for B-horror fans.