Cote d'Azur Reviews

• Dec 31, 2013

nice little comedy filled with good ideas, some great singing moments and a cast who's having a blast...so does the audience. Great french summer comedy.

• Aug 29, 2012

Ich habe ihn gerade wieder gesehen - I know it's mot a masterpiece of the art of cinema. But, there is always a but: I just love this film. Pace I. (alias A.) ;-)

• Mar 14, 2012

This brilliant movie is better known as 'Cockles and Muscles' in the Western world. This film is bloody brilliant. All the characters are hiding secrets pretty much and they spin a complicated web with their relationships and issues. It's funny, yet serious at the same time! I laughed out loud when there was a musical number at the end!! Just bloody brilliant. I'm definitely going to buy it!

• Nov 07, 2011

Cote D'Azur is a delightful comedy that talks about sexuality in a very light way. Maybe too light to be true but there is no doubt that it would be good to be true. This movie is adorable, and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi is gorgeous.

• Jul 30, 2011

So nothing to see on the tv for 1 week except one channel.And i was fortunate enough to see this "fabulous" movie.That's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.Better than Dark Moon Rising.This movie is awful.Second worst movie i've ever seen.Even if it has acceptable acting the plot is SO boring that i most deffinately would have fallen asleep forever if it wasn't for Valeria Bruni.If you look at it as a comedy, it's decent.The boy with long hair that looks like Blanka from Street Fighter made me laugh till i couldn't breathe.Stay away.

• Ovi G Super Reviewer
    Jul 30, 2011

One of the 3 worst films i've seen so far in my entire existence. Gay love and sexy time on the beach while spewing horrible dialogues and disastrous scenes. The french should stick to their Taxi and Banlieue 13, cuz they suck at this romance drama misguided sexuality crap. One star for Valeria Bruni the only thing worth watching...more or less. Don't waste you're time. Peace! P.S. "Horea: Blanka, Chewbaca, wookie...RRRRrrrrrr!"

• Feb 07, 2011

Apart from a ludicrously ill-judged final ensemble dance number, this is an almost perfect French midsummer sex comedy that even manages to be a little noble and uplifting. Which considering it is almost all about not knowing your coquillages from your crustaces (and the resulting illicit snogging, wanking and shagging, much of it in what must be a very well-built shower unit) is really saying something.

• Feb 07, 2011

The French have always been able to take issues involving sexuality, fidelity, relationships, and youth and create a healthy discussion: Hollywood still has problems even approaching these subjects, much less allowing itself to be lighthearted and universal. This is a little French film that addresses these subjects in a manner so light and fun that the viewer wonders what all the fuss is about! The performances are all first rate as well, giving us a realistic family unit without sacrificing individuality. The plot is both original and surprising, taking both the viewer and the characters in unexpected directions. The balance here is superb. Even a detour into musical comedy fits neatly into the fabric of this likable film. All in all a good movie that lingers in the back of your mind longer than you'd think... as its music will surely do, too.

• Feb 05, 2011

Sweet French sex comedy, as light as air. Best thing about it was the gorgeous setting, made me long for my holidays. And Jean-Marc Barr has still got it.

• Jan 31, 2011

This was such a fantastic movie. One of the best gay-themed ones I've ever seen. This is def near the top of my movies to buy on dvd list