Cottage Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cottage Country Reviews

½ April 30, 2016
A misguided attempt to recreate 'Weekend At Bernie's' and cash in on Labine's 'Tucker & Dale vs. Evil' success - unfortunately, it's no where near as good as the latter, or even the former! Says it's a "drama / action / comedy" - I'd say neither of the first two and only a little of the comedy. it tries, but ends up just being not funny or scary - both bad things for a black comedy. Ackerman was OK, but no real reasoning behind her slowly-revealed malevolence. Poor ending ending too.
December 26, 2015
Pretty fun little horror comedy. Much in the style of Tucker and Dale. Doesn't quite reach the highs of that movie, but there's some good bits in it.
½ May 24, 2015
El poder de la mujer!!!! jajajaja
February 26, 2015
Loved it! Hilarious and well written. I would seriously rank this as one of my favorite comedies. Casting was perfect, storyline believable, and the ending was right on! Would recommend to anyone who likes dark comedies.
September 18, 2014
Starts out with strong promise, but doesn't keep it. Funny and entertaining, but painfully predictable and braindead.
½ September 6, 2014
I laughed quite a bit, but i really dig dark comedy. This movie certainly offers some WTF moments and it drags on toward the end, but if you are as twisted as I, you will find some bits to enjoy.
August 24, 2014
I did like the way it ended. It was terribly funny, and I found it hard to connect to the characters.
July 21, 2014
Twisted, dark comedy. Not anything you haven't see before, but entertaining.
½ July 15, 2014
My mom said this movie was right up my alley. Well,....she wasn't wrong.
July 5, 2014
College country is pretty good mixture of horror and comedy about a couple trying to spending night at a cottage and getting interrupted by his brother and his girlfriend so to get in a fight and get rid of both of them and then they gotta keep the secret of killing them from the other people. Tyler Labine and Marion Ackerman in this movie. (2013) B
½ June 23, 2014
This movie got better by the minuet ! Full of suspense, laughs and unexpected twists..
June 13, 2014
good for sum.laughs gore and twisted ending.
½ June 4, 2014
Monday, June 2, 2014

(2013) Cottage Country

Straight-to-rental movie with devoted, working stiff, Todd Chipowski (Tyler Labine) planning a nice quiet getaway from his stressful job with a pre-planned marriage proposal to his fiancÚ, Cammie Ryan (Malin Akerman) at the secluded cottage. Except that things are not going accordingly to plan as soon as his obnoxiously loudmouth, inconsiderate brother shows up along with his hooker-looking girlfriend resorting him to do very extreme things.

The dark comedy aspects is unfunny and lousy, with the end of this movie making zero sense, and so is this movie.

½ May 17, 2014
I was hoping it was something like Tucker and Dale And they do throw some things in there for you if you are hoping for that too. What can go wrong will, to epic proportions.
½ April 20, 2014
There were some great dark comedic moments here but it never felt like the full potential was reached.
April 16, 2014
This is a strange movie. Its got a great cast but the script is hit and miss (mostly miss), and the direction is what it is...a made for Canadian cable flick. Its also quite bloody and violent...which is a bit of a surprise.
March 27, 2014
I think this movie could of been good if it decided where it wanted to go and which genre it wanted to be. The whole comedy part wasn't even existent. I've laughed more at an episode of CSI. The effects fell short and at one point I noticed the metal plate moving that was used for one of the props. If it had a script redo with better jokes and an actual feeling of a black comedy/Horror it would have been good. I say skip it.
½ March 12, 2014
Hilarious, suspenseful, great twist.
March 5, 2014
Charming horror romcom with a great story. Fans of "Tucker and Dale" and "Sightseers" should love it.