The Country Bears - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Country Bears Reviews

½ May 22, 2016
Painfully predictable and crushingly inane, The Country Bears is one of those 'What the hell were they thinking?' kind of movies. The plot is tired, the characters forgettable, and the jokes, for the most part, are just plain bizarre. When they happen you open your mouth to laugh because you realise that they're jokes, but milliseconds later you work out how unfunny they are, and/or how little sense they make, and any hopes of light relief are quickly squashed. The entire conflict which the film revolves around is that the eponymous band split up years ago and declared they would never reunite, and yet almost every member takes only the slightest coaxing to return to the fold. Only the last one requires any kind of convincing, and that's a plot beat you'll see coming a mile away. The truth is, however, that the film isn't entirely terrible. The animatronics, courtesy of puppet giant Jim Henson, are impressive, many of the songs are entertaining and well-performed, and Christopher Walken, the King of dubious film choices, is at his eccentric best, providing a music needed belly laugh whenever he's on screen. His weird speech patterns and sinister facial expressions are always a hoot, but they're not enough to redeem this dull, clichéd, atrociously assembled mess.
½ April 18, 2016
"This is not over, BEARS!"

Christopher Walken is amazing in everything, even if the movie itself isn't that good.
February 26, 2016
Not the Country Bears movie that Disney fanatics deserve, but it was OK. The biggest problem I have is trying to connect this with our dear Country Bear Jamboree. If you take it on its own this is a fun movie if still a little stupid. (First viewing - Teen years)
½ February 11, 2016
One of the greatest movies of all-time! A must see for people who love bears, great music, or Queen Latifah
½ September 7, 2015
A childhood classic that I haven't see in years but still remember pretty well. It cool to have a movie base on a good Disney attraction and have the movie be good. It's fun and great for families and kind of a gem of its time. It's worth checking out if your a fan of Disney parks.
February 1, 2015
Slightly funny but it has a weak plot and just the whole idea of it is weird
½ December 5, 2014
So bad it's good. Walken has an immense amount of fun being great in an awful movie. "This isn't over. BEARS!"
September 19, 2014
Disney's third film adaptation of their theme parks attractions is "beary" funny and "beary" good with good heart, good storyline to the attraction, and good voice cast especially. This adaptation is "bearly" better than "The Haunted Mansion." (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 19, 2014
Though its premise is paper thin to say the least, 'The Country Bears' is a relatively harmless, somewhat enjoyable family comedy with some surprisingly palatable musical numbers. Plus, it's always fun to see Christopher Walken at his silliest.
August 7, 2014
The musical numbers can't save this clunky and lifeless adaptation of the theme park attraction.
July 25, 2014
This should been on MST 3000!

This was wrost movi.
July 23, 2014
Disney was going through hard times from their Live Action films when this came out. Let's all hope that we can forget it & that this never did exist.
June 28, 2014
This is a great kids movie and great music!
May 27, 2014
This is one of those movies that I like, but everyone else seems to hate.
½ May 23, 2014
Heabing Pile Of Dog Shit
March 11, 2014
I do remember enjoying it as a kid but it is pretty dumb when I think about it. It's mildly amusing and decent enough but definitely made for children. That's really all I can say based on my memory of it.
February 14, 2014
the songs are really good
February 13, 2014
Another movie that I like, but everyone else seems to hate. This movie was a big part of my childhood, and I still enjoy it till this day. (65%)
November 17, 2013
The best movie I have ever seen when I was little the country bears are awsome
½ November 14, 2013
Excellent movie from start to finish. GOOD MOVIE!!!