Courageous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Courageous Reviews

December 26, 2015
Perfect family movie! very inspirational
December 26, 2015
An absolute MUST SEE movie!!!! Possibly the best Sherwood has made so far. Amazing story! Much better acting! Decent action sequences! Makes you laugh, makes you cry, and challenges your heart. I love this movie! I can't wait to see what this church does next. God has really used their movie ministry in a powerful way! Compared to a lot of the trash Hollywood dishes out in a year, this movie is a great relief to see. This movie does not contain a perfect plot. This movie does not contain top-notch Hollywood actors. What this movie does have is power. It targets a key current issue in America. We need fathers that will rise up and lead their families as a godly example. Be COURAGEOUS!
½ December 22, 2015
31/100 - It's films like Courageous that make me think Christian movies should just take a break and figure out a way to be good. I like that the Kendrick brothers make various types of people relatable to concepts of faith, but that's about all that Courageous and their other films prove. The police side of things, which I find to be the more interesting parts of the film, are often diminished to allow for the film's message of being a good father to seep through. At least the production values are halfway decent.
December 11, 2015
ignore patronising critique of this film parading as moderation, modernity and common sense - when it's only promulgating typical anti-christian spiel. kendrick is a natural director, juggling many themes in one resounding story. it's not just a dissent against the usual hollywood fluff pretending to be profound. the film identifies and resolves social dilemmas (crime, rectitude, accountability, anguish), expressing them in pungent and often raffish terms.
November 7, 2015
What a very heartwarming, funny and touching film this is. This film is more than just the values of Christianity, it is a calling for all fathers to be a better, kind and loving parent. Plain and simple.
October 22, 2015
Amazing movie, one of my absolute favorites. You'll laugh and cry, but most of all, it will challenge you.
October 21, 2015
Who are these critics that claim there is a 'dogmatic agenda"? If there is anyone out there who does not love his family deeply, then I guess this film is not for you. If you are a man who is more interested in living for self and does not believe that his character matters or does not believe that how he lives either good or bad makes any kind of an impact in the life of his children or in his marriage then I guess that man WOULD find this movie worthless as the so-called consensus of critics claim. If you are a man without integrity then you would probably not get anything out of this movie...
September 30, 2015
A great movie with a great message!
September 17, 2015
If every man who watches this would heed it's message & live the way it teaches, life in this country would improve vastly. To Rotten Tomatoes; it's about the message, not the entertainment value. I watch these movies for my interest, not what your thoughts on the content may be. In this case, you were without a doubt, Rotten in your review.
September 15, 2015
Very Very Good:):-)!!!!!!!!!!!
September 14, 2015
HATED IT!

If I could I give this movie 0 stars I would. It was boring and the acting was terrible! It was the most useless 130 minutes I ever spent on a movie.
½ August 29, 2015
Despite being cluttered with too many subplots that tend to feel like several movies pieced into one, as well as having moments of tone that sometimes don't fit next to one another, Courgeous, however, is backed up with powerful performances, an intriguing message, and thrilling sequences that will grab your attention
August 17, 2015
Obviously this is a Christian movie. It has a Christian story but as a father this video hit me incredibly hard. It was very emotional to me. I gave it five stars and I am quite surprised any father wouldn't.
August 16, 2015
While this film is mainly directed at fathers, the whole family can get something out of this. Heart, humor, and yes, courage.
August 15, 2015
One of the best and most moving movies that I have ever watched.
½ August 12, 2015
it's so awesome...I got a t shirt
½ July 31, 2015
The acting, script and even dialog were a little shaky, but the humor saved it all along with the important message
July 9, 2015
Great movie. I have watched this movie loads of times what a excellent story
June 12, 2015
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!
May 28, 2015
really great movie. awesome to see a movie where they don't curse. Hollywood should take notes. the movie was on point