Courageous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Courageous Reviews

May 28, 2015
really great movie. awesome to see a movie where they don't curse. Hollywood should take notes. the movie was on point
May 26, 2015
Good humor, crying, action, a bit of all.
May 4, 2015
Awesome! Role model for fathers!
April 11, 2015
super brutal me encanta esa pelicula
April 7, 2015
We Dont Always Realize the Impact We Have or Are Making. Having Men that Stand for A Greater Purpose are Worth Holding Accountable to. No One Said it Was Easy, However it Will Be Worth It! #StrengthenNextGen #Shoulder2Shoulder #Commit2Urself
April 4, 2015
What an inspirational movie!!!
April 2, 2015
You will need courage, courage, courage. Christian or not, this is still a very heart-warming and emotional movie. I may not be a father, nor do I really plan to be one, but I still feel the seriousness and the enlightenment of what God has in store for every follower and every other person as I watch this. Like I said, christian or not, it is a well reminder of how we need to look out on our children, our brothers and sisters, and everyone else we know and care about, living or not.
March 10, 2015
Great movie taking on real issues that does move the heart and challenges the audience to self reflect.
January 31, 2015
Courageous is a faithful and ambitious film that shows it's themes in very realistic ways thanks to a welcome gritty and intense narrative.
November 29, 2014
Low budget cast delivers inspirational movie that truly challenges the dad in all of us to step up and take ownership of your family.
November 27, 2014
A must see for all fathers!!!!
November 17, 2014
Great message - a little heavy on the religious end
½ November 3, 2014
What a beautiful story of the goal to be a better dad and what to look for when searching for the right partner.
½ October 27, 2014
Honor begins at home.
Quatre officiers intègres font de leur mieux pour exercer leur rôle de policier. Mais quand un malheur personnel frappe l'un d'eux, ils remettent en cause leurs places de pères et de maris dans leurs foyers, et décident de passer un pacte devant Dieu pour être meilleurs.
Voici un film typiquement américain qui dénote complètement du cinéma habituel local. Le début passe bien et est relativement classique, mais après 20 minutes la tournure pro-Dieu devient flagrante et plutôt exagérée. Rien d'étonnant quand on sait que le réalisateur est un pasteur dont la volonté est de faire passer la bonne parole de Dieu dans tous ses films. N'empêche, le message est positif et leur volonté d'être de bons parents est tout à fait respectable. Si on enlève la prestation de serment avec les mots Jésus Christ et Dieu tous les 5 mots (et les dérives cathos sur la société patriarcale et l'abstinence avant le mariage), le film reste appréciable. Prosélyte mais innocent.
½ October 20, 2014
La pelicula de la paternidad critiana contada desde el punto de vista de 4 policias de un pueblito que se enfrenan al reto de la paternidad de diferentes maneras.

Desafortunadamente la manita del director es tan pesada que el mensaje verdaderamente positivo y cristiano se siente tan forzado que es en verdad dificil de tomar
October 6, 2014
Awesome movie - loved it --- have learned that Rotten Tomatoes will slam any christian movie no matter how good it is
½ September 22, 2014
The ones who believe in Christ will love it. The ones who believe in themselves or something else will mock it but there are so many good lessons in this film on how to be a man, a father, a leader and an example. It takes a lot of courage to do the right thing.
½ September 16, 2014
Even if it has positive themes Courageous will probably make an old man fall asleep.
½ September 12, 2014
Definitely a tear jerker! A bit too long and a somewhat preachy, but also a really good story with great values. Every father should watch this movie!
September 10, 2014
Courageous is a spectacular film of family and faith. Its centerpiece revolves around the role of Christian fatherhood in the home, of the man's place as the spiritual leader of his household. It's a picture of discovery, of tragedy, of faith in something greater for the betterment of oneself, one's family, and one's community. The picture espouses positive, uplifting messages that will speak to all comers, Christians or non-Christians, those seeking to reaffirm their own faith and values or those merely in search of something positive on which they may build upon and in some way incorporate into their own lives. The film is well made and looks and plays well beyond its budget. Strong acting and steady direction round Courageous into form as a fantastic, must-see movie fit for all audiences.