Cowgirls n' Angels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cowgirls n' Angels Reviews

February 1, 2017
Slow, predictable but cute.
½ August 22, 2016
good family drama about the 'sweethearts of the rodeo'
½ May 29, 2016
Charming family story about a local female rodeo team who is watched regularly by a young local girl. One day a situation presents itself to try out for them - but will she take it.
February 29, 2016
Amazing family movie really recommend
December 23, 2015
An alright movie. It got better as it went.
January 11, 2015
its a wonderful movie for all those horse lovers out there
December 7, 2014
love this movie. ..it matches my life so well when I was a little one
August 10, 2014
i love??????????????????????????????????????
February 13, 2014
This is a touching story with some likable characters, but I really can't take this movie seriously. The dialog is cheesy as hell, and I'm not a big fan of the religious references. The plot is totally formulaic and predictable (though I did expect the Sweethearts to put up more of a protest when Ida first joins them). Pretty much everything just goes in Ida's favor. Ida is outgoing and feisty, but she's a brat with a sense of entitlement, especially in the first half of the movie when she's a streetrat stealing from people right and left. Her mercurial temper and wild mood swings are exhausting to watch. All that drama with Ida and her mom, and with Rebecca and Kansas, were annoying. This movie is loaded with ridiculous cheese and sappy moments, and is really best enjoyed as an unintentional comedy.

For me, the best thing about this movie, and why I even bothered to watch it in the first place, is that it was filmed in Stillwater, so I could see familiar Stillwater locales. (Disappointingly, in the movie Stillwater became "Landon". What, Stillwater's not good enough for you?) We get to see a dance scene in Outlaws (which looked WAY cleaner and nicer in the movie than it does in real life). We get to see a dramatic fight outside of The Barn, with Cowboy Laundry (where I do my laundry every few weeks!) plainly visible in the background - for some reason I found the idea of these people airing out their stupid drama just across the street from where I do my laundry to be hilarious. And we get to see the 6th Avenue Walmart, where upstanding regular folk do all their shopping (not to be confused with the far busier and trashier Perkins Road Walmart).

There are some good country music songs too, like "C'mon" by Amber Hayes.
February 13, 2014

There are some good country music songs too, like "C'mon" by Amber Hayes.
½ February 10, 2014
Nice movie for young girls. A lot on the Hokey side, but I have to say it brought a tear to my eyes by the end...
½ January 21, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014

(2012) Cowgirls n' Angels
FAMILY DRAMA

Co-written and directed by Timothy Armstrong directing a 'Family movie of the week' using "the Sweethearts" as a backdrop starring Bailee Madison as Ida doing whatever it takes to find her biological dad she had never met. Terence (James Cromwell) takes Little Ida under his wing who managed to convince her mother (Alicia Witt) who has just lost her job as a result of looking for her daughter that he'll physically pay her a substantial amount of money each month to use Ida for the Sweethearts. This movie explores other issues with other characters as well since they travel together in groups similar to like what a circus would do. The last shot of Little Ida riding a horse while standing up got to be one of the most stupidest things I had ever saw since the camera is showing her from the top like she can really do that stunt. This movie is intentioned for sentimentalists.

1 star out of 4
November 30, 2013
Great movie actually watching it right now
½ June 30, 2013
Loved it! A great family movie to watch.
May 28, 2013
I just watched it and feel in love with her ..again! Bailee is my favorite young actresses :)
May 23, 2013
Love this movie! Such a great story all embedded within the world of Rodeo X
May 5, 2013
I love this movie it always makes me cry can I please watch it for free ?
April 29, 2013
I saw the movie in dallas at a film festival. Its a really great family film. Bailee Madison is a rising star and her performance will make many people take notice of her. James Cromwell's performance is just like all his other which he was nominated by motion picture academy. Trickriding and horseback riding, music and dance fantastic as well. 5 stars, a memorable film and one worth watching over and over again
April 12, 2013
I loved this movie so much that I watched at least 5 times the day I got it.
½ November 3, 2012
cute and touching movie. When things start going bad and falling apart, you will cry. But the happy ending will put you in tears.