Crank 2: High Voltage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank 2: High Voltage Reviews

½ November 10, 2017
One of the worst films I've ever seen.
½ October 7, 2017
A genre masterpiece. A very polarizing movie obviously but for me B+ to Crank 1's A+++++++
August 27, 2017
The first movie was fun, innovative and interesting. Over the top but in a credible sort of way. This one destroys any credibility from the start, and the end of the movie (no spoiler) was such that I saw the end titles and said "what? This is the end of the movie??? O__o": I was not expecting it, seemed to me that the final sequence made no sense even in the context of what little story there was in the movie till that point.
Everything seems just gratuitous and put there for the graphical side of it.

I have nothing against over the top action scenes or even grotesque non-sense, but the whole must make sense, else I can't enjoy it.

I give it two stars just because the action scenes are fun, and there is some humor, but mostly because I love Jason and the previous movie, but is a shame that this is the sequel...
July 7, 2017
An over the top, and very entertaining film.
June 17, 2017
oh my Goood !!!!!!!!! What was that for a fucking movie??? The most fucking absurd,stupid,pointless action movie i've ever seen ! I can't watch an another more stupid movie like this.The first was stupid too but u could watch it but this one... i don't know what else to say.I feel sorry for Jason that he acted in that movie...
½ May 8, 2017
OMG what a stupid film! I get that's it's an 'action just enjoy the madness' type film but at least 'try' to string a storyline together!
May 7, 2017
Fucking.Brutal.Delivers on the premise of the first one and gives you more. Balls out,all-in.Mike Patton joins the ride,more excellent characters (David Carradine!).That "anime/ultraman/japanese tv show" fight...jajaja,fucking yes. Do not trust anyone that doesn`t like this movie.
½ February 27, 2017
went from a fun ridiculous movie to a ridiculously bad ridiculously over the top madness. i liked the first one as a fun movie that you don't take seriously. this movie is just.... dumb. (2 viewings)

SPOILERS

i was gonna give it a one star, but then the guy that he killed at the end of the first movie was still alive, but just his head in a tub of water kept alive by machines, but he could see and talk. cmon. what
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
Still a piece of shit, but maybe just slightly better. Mainly because this one was longer, but it felt shorter, but that was also a con.
December 29, 2016
This sequel was not as good as the first movie. The plot was not good in that when you fall 10000 feet from a plane you are dead. Also, the acting was not great.
December 20, 2016
Sembra quasi come Grand Theft Auto:fuori dal normale e sopra le righe
December 19, 2016
Non-stop action. Such a ridiculous yet great movie. Statham had fun making this one!
½ November 29, 2016
Crank 2 is completely out of its mind, thrilling, bonkers, fast, and so incredibly over the top entertaining.
Grade: A-
½ November 18, 2016
Man, these guys put all their efforts into shooting action scenes in interesting ways and clearly have no idea how to string these scenes together into an entertaining action movie. There is just no momentum maintained between any of the fun bits, and it starts dragging after the ten-minute mark.
½ November 11, 2016
Just as silly, violent and bloody as the first one. But it's still bizarrely enjoyable!
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Just as OTT as the first if not more, Again some silly great action scenes that are very entertaining that we don't care how stupid the plot gets.
½ June 18, 2016
A trainwreck of a film, filled to bursting with senseless action, surreal non-sequitors, and an "edgy" sense of humour that is adolescent at best. A paper-thin plot that serves only as a vehicle to string the movie along from one violent or lewd scene to the next. The soundtrack is the closest thing to a redeeming factor, however Mike Patton's musical style is best left in the 00's.
June 12, 2016
Over the top in every sense of word, many scenes bordering surrealness. There aren't many other films like it. However, most of the shock novelty wears off early on.
June 1, 2016
I believe that people will study this in film school years from now. Innovative on many levels, very funny (if you have a sick sense of humor), and never slows down.