Crank 2: High Voltage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank 2: High Voltage Reviews

February 9, 2018
This movie is just non stop mindless action and it delivers perfectly on that. The godzilla scene easily sells it for me
½ February 3, 2018
Crank 2 Alto Voltaje del director Mark Neveldine y de Brian Taylor
secuela de Crank donde con una narrativa única y muy innovadora nos presentan a Chev Chelios el hombre con el corazón más fuerte del mundo es secuestrado y despierta sin memoria en un hospital clandestino en san diego donde un clan chino le extirpan el corazón a chev para dárselo al líder del clan quien está padeciendo constantemente paros cardiacos por lo que chev deberá buscar su corazón pasando por diferentes jefes de diferentes mafias como la mafia china, un cartel de drogas mexicano y pandillas estadounidenses.
Puntos buenos: la narración de esta trilogía es espectacular, la forma de desarrollar la historia, de presentar y desarrollar los personajes y la forma de llegar al clímax es única, todos los personajes son carismáticos y ninguno se siente de más o de relleno y la acción es brutal, sin duda pondría esta película en una lista o un top de las mejores películas de acción.
Puntos malos: la historia es un tanto fumada y a mucha gente puede que no le entienda ya que hay muchos cabos sin explicarse o son resolverse lo que te puede llegar a una gran confuncion. Pero salvo eso recomiendo esta película.
½ January 19, 2018
The most intentionally insane movie ever made. Nothing else like it. Not a great script or anything but the scenarios they made happen are really unique.
January 5, 2018
This crude and vulgar sequel to the crude and vulgar original is a hoot! Once again the plot is discarded within minutes, it is more a list of rules he has to obey and a place he has to get to.
Over the top fun for action fans that lives up to the original.
Roll on Crank 3!
½ January 1, 2018
This movie actually ends stupider than it begins. It should have gone direct to trash.
½ November 10, 2017
One of the worst films I've ever seen.
½ October 7, 2017
A genre masterpiece. A very polarizing movie obviously but for me B+ to Crank 1's A+++++++
August 27, 2017
The first movie was fun, innovative and interesting. Over the top but in a credible sort of way. This one destroys any credibility from the start, and the end of the movie (no spoiler) was such that I saw the end titles and said "what? This is the end of the movie??? O__o": I was not expecting it, seemed to me that the final sequence made no sense even in the context of what little story there was in the movie till that point.
Everything seems just gratuitous and put there for the graphical side of it.

I have nothing against over the top action scenes or even grotesque non-sense, but the whole must make sense, else I can't enjoy it.

I give it two stars just because the action scenes are fun, and there is some humor, but mostly because I love Jason and the previous movie, but is a shame that this is the sequel...
July 7, 2017
An over the top, and very entertaining film.
June 17, 2017
oh my Goood !!!!!!!!! What was that for a fucking movie??? The most fucking absurd,stupid,pointless action movie i've ever seen ! I can't watch an another more stupid movie like this.The first was stupid too but u could watch it but this one... i don't know what else to say.I feel sorry for Jason that he acted in that movie...
½ May 8, 2017
OMG what a stupid film! I get that's it's an 'action just enjoy the madness' type film but at least 'try' to string a storyline together!
May 7, 2017
Fucking.Brutal.Delivers on the premise of the first one and gives you more. Balls out,all-in.Mike Patton joins the ride,more excellent characters (David Carradine!).That "anime/ultraman/japanese tv show" fight...jajaja,fucking yes. Do not trust anyone that doesn`t like this movie.
½ February 27, 2017
went from a fun ridiculous movie to a ridiculously bad ridiculously over the top madness. i liked the first one as a fun movie that you don't take seriously. this movie is just.... dumb. (2 viewings)

i was gonna give it a one star, but then the guy that he killed at the end of the first movie was still alive, but just his head in a tub of water kept alive by machines, but he could see and talk. cmon. what
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
Still a piece of shit, but maybe just slightly better. Mainly because this one was longer, but it felt shorter, but that was also a con.
December 29, 2016
This sequel was not as good as the first movie. The plot was not good in that when you fall 10000 feet from a plane you are dead. Also, the acting was not great.
December 20, 2016
Sembra quasi come Grand Theft Auto:fuori dal normale e sopra le righe
December 19, 2016
Non-stop action. Such a ridiculous yet great movie. Statham had fun making this one!
½ November 29, 2016
Crank 2 is completely out of its mind, thrilling, bonkers, fast, and so incredibly over the top entertaining.
Grade: A-
½ November 18, 2016
Man, these guys put all their efforts into shooting action scenes in interesting ways and clearly have no idea how to string these scenes together into an entertaining action movie. There is just no momentum maintained between any of the fun bits, and it starts dragging after the ten-minute mark.