Crank 2: High Voltage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank 2: High Voltage Reviews

½ June 18, 2016
A trainwreck of a film, filled to bursting with senseless action, surreal non-sequitors, and an "edgy" sense of humour that is adolescent at best. A paper-thin plot that serves only as a vehicle to string the movie along from one violent or lewd scene to the next. The soundtrack is the closest thing to a redeeming factor, however Mike Patton's musical style is best left in the 00's.
June 12, 2016
Over the top in every sense of word, many scenes bordering surrealness. There aren't many other films like it. However, most of the shock novelty wears off early on.
June 1, 2016
I believe that people will study this in film school years from now. Innovative on many levels, very funny (if you have a sick sense of humor), and never slows down.
May 30, 2016
5/5 Is Crank 2 the greatest piece of cinema ever made? Definitely.
May 25, 2016
Crank 2 is evidently an effort to top the first one, and it succeeds. It erased any kind of possibilty of making it believable, but I guess that was never a real concern.
April 15, 2016
what the hell was that about? surreal. not a good film. weird.
April 2, 2016
Just as crazy as the last Crank, censored bits on horse tracks, strip club gun fights, full body turrets and driving police patrollers while high on drugs. After falling from the sky from a helicopter and landing on a car and slamming to the ground, someone's after his heart. He's replaced with an artificial heart and this time not only is trying to keep alive, he's trying to get his heart back. What's all this about Crank 1 being way better than this Crank? Same sort of thing, crazy, fast paced and in your face.
March 26, 2016
The first film was manic, absurd, misogynistic, gross, crude, low brow, but entertaining nonetheless. This film is maniacal, excessively misogynistic, extremely gross, shamelessly crude, high on being low bro, but not so entertaining. In fact, what little brains the first film seemed to have, got completely smashed on acid in this one. Alot of people seem to enjoy it, but I won't be revisiting this pile of crap ever.
March 24, 2016
OMG A SEQUEL TO CRANK WOOO
March 5, 2016
Very fun movie. crude and vulgar action and comedy. I literally laughed at loud at the ridiculousness.
November 17, 2015
It has a reason to have Jason Statham shock himself in the nipples with a car battery for no reason. What else is there to like?
October 13, 2015
This movie was quite a ride, a bit crazy but I liked it.
October 10, 2015
130109: After watching these Crank films back to back, I must say, there's something appealing about them. They're way out extreme, and quirky, but they've grown on me. I think both could've been winners if the producers had just not gotten so extreme with them. Cutting ones nipples off, unnecessary. The public intercourse scenes, unnecessary. Shoving a shotgun where the sun doesn't shine, totally unnecessary. There's just so much fun to be had here and it's spoiled by some stupidity. I just get the impression film makers always want to go one step further down the crude, violence path. More is not always better. Ironic to see David Carradine in this film portraying a bit of a pervert. Cameo by the Dean of Mean, Keith Jardine.
½ September 18, 2015
A pretty violent film with not much of a storyline, apart from a heart. The whole film was basically clips of action sequences which didn't add anything to the film apart from some of the 'better' scenes. It was all over the top and exaggerated to the max, with preposterous action scenes where he was not harmed at all, to loony jumping off buildings. It wasn't one of Jason's best films.
September 2, 2015
I really really liked it very fun funny and original
August 31, 2015
Just as OTT as the first if not more, again some silly great action scenes that are very entertaining that we dont care how stupid the plot gets.
½ August 27, 2015
One of the worst films I have ever seen and truely one of the worst sequels ever.
August 21, 2015
I will wait for the DVD.
½ August 10, 2015
Still need to see all of this!
½ August 3, 2015
I loved Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylors' first "Crank" so much that I was at the first screening when this sequel opened here in San Francisco. I was expecting it to amusing, but I didn't expect it to be as innovative or goofy-twisted as the first movie.

I was wrong.

If anything, "Crank: High Voltage" is actually even more obscene, bizarre, profane, sick and twisted than the first film. In comparison to "Crank"'s original fast/drug-fueled pace -- this twisted sequel is even more frantic in pace. I'm not even sure how to compare the manic way this film propels itself forward.

Once again, Jason Statham, Amy Smart and Dwight Yoakam manage to amp their bold, broad and hysterical performances to match these two filmmaker's devotion to the obscenity that is essentially Crank 2.

Everything is bigger, faster, more transgressive, sicker and -- well, "wrong-er" -- If we thought Statham and Smarts' sex scene in the first film was funny, here the same idea is taken to a whole new level of perversity.

Poor Jason Statham pushes the envelop with the deft-defying action sequences. They are jaw-dropping.

This is an even more fun gleeful speed race through the inappropriate humor, strangely-involved plot and convulsive violence than the first film.

Can't believe it, but this sequel is better than the first film

I really and truly love the "Crank" movies. In their own deeply sick and twisted hearts. ...please note I have pluralized the word "heart." -- this movie is firmly hellbent on beating its first chapter with sheer defiance and incorrect logic.

Love it.