Crazy Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crazy Love Reviews

December 17, 2011
From beginning to end my jaw was on the floor. This is like a Primetime, 60 Minutes or 20/20 episode but has enough material to be a week long segment. I wish it would've dug a little deeper at the characters to find out more about them. Instead you're left with "sweet mother of God these people are nuts!" which is still fine
½ July 28, 2011
What a bizarre story! Unbelievable & crazy-insane!!
May 29, 2011
This is a great biography doc that is done with style and editing and benefitted greatly that so many people made themselves available to be interviewed, and that most of them look absurd and appear partially crazy.

This is such a unique story that it should be fodder for gossip columns. And it was. As a slightly dated movie, it doesn't lose a beat. It has a good flare for the storytelling and what seems to be endless amounts of photos. This is a great doc that will make you feel better about yourself.
May 24, 2011
Competently made, but it doesn't seem to have much of a message other than the fact that these people are nuts.
½ April 10, 2011
bat shit CRAZY love. I did not see the twist in this story heading my way.
March 29, 2011
If you love true crime - you will love this as well. I believe there is some good in even the most evil of people, and vice versa. This biography proves it....
January 10, 2011
It should have been called "Blind Love."
December 31, 2010
Watched this documentary earlier -- by far the most insane real-life "love story" I have ever heard. Human nature is baffling!
December 30, 2010
Strange, stunning, sad and morbidly funny. I don't know how I missed this story growing up.
December 30, 2010
Just when you thought how you met your significant other was a "funny story", this one takes the cake. Just when it couldn't get any more bizarre, it does. Only in real life.
December 29, 2010
Pretty interesting documentary about... um... well, it's actually about a man who throws acid in the face of the woman he was obsessed with, blinds her, goes to prison for a long time, gets out, and gets in a relationship with her. Yeah, it's that kind of crazy love.
December 27, 2010
This documentary is fascinating. What an unbelievably insane situation. What I found most interesting was the matter-of-fact way the story is told by the parties involved.
December 12, 2010
I've never really understood why some men can't let go of failed relationships. They call, they stalk, they cry, they hire someone to throw acid in your face, etc., etc., etc... After watching Crazy Love I understand it even less.
November 21, 2010
I am just completely stunned with the outcome of this story! Simply Befuddled.
½ November 19, 2010
U.S documentary about two people locked in a battle of co-dependency masquerading as love. You know it will all end in tears. It's the same old story you read in novels & the paper every day, with the added media-friendly shock value of what he actually did to her and what she actually did afterwards. Having experienced the pathological liar boyfriend myself (though mine was the sleazy serial-cheaty type, not the acid-throwing type) it was a good reminder of the lengths that people will go to maintain their self-deception - when it fulfills their needs.
Love, pah.
November 14, 2010
with movies like this out there, i'm finding it hard not to become a total documentary junkie. what a bizarre story!
November 7, 2010
Married lawyer is rejected by single woman, and hires men to throw lye in her face. He goes to prison. Amazingly enough, that's not the end of their story, which unfolds in this absorbing documentary.
July 3, 2010
What a couple of nut jobs.
½ April 1, 2010
Bizarre but fascinating true story of a married man rejected by a single girl. He pursues her obsessively, eventually throwing acid in her face and blinding her. Over time, she falls in love with him and they marry. The story doesn't end there, but it's a crazy journey. Fisher Stevens? Yep, and well done, too.