Crazy on the Outside - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crazy on the Outside Reviews

½ May 3, 2015
Just to pas your time...
May 24, 2014
Yes , it's a pretty generic movie and Tim Allen is no ball of fire but Sigourney is fun to watch. It is a good clean family movie.
½ February 12, 2014
Different movie about a more sane Tim Allen character just released from prison dealing with life after and the lies his nutty sister has told and keeps telling about him. A little slow at times but has a nice ending.
February 6, 2014
Your typical Tim Allen family movie.
February 3, 2014
I really wanted to like it
December 27, 2013
This is way underrated. Skip the 'story' is stupid...and specific actors....and just enjoy the humor between weaver and Allen. That is what makes this moire work.
½ December 9, 2013
Not funny but dum ass hell!!!
November 3, 2013
it was funny n a bit romantic between Angela (Jeanne Tripplehorn) and Tommy (Tim Allen). lol i enjoy the storyline and Tommy is lucky to have his sister Viki (Sigourney Weaver).
September 21, 2013
It was a funny movie that had Tim Allan in it and about when you get it of jail it's hard livening a normal life
September 4, 2013
So very boring from start to finish.
August 19, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
June 28, 2013
A nice laid back one time watch.
½ April 19, 2013
With his film Crazy on the Outside, Tim Allen takes a plunge into the world of directing. Turns out, this movie is exactly what I expected it to be; a fun, feel good movie that I had a good time with.

As the title suggests, this movie focuses on a man struggling with life after getting out of prison. After serving a three year sentence, ex-con Tommy (Tim Allen) has to adjust to the concept of freedom. Tommy moves in with his compulsive liar sister (Sigourney Weaver) and her husband, who hates him. He soon discovers that life on the outside is not as easy as he expected.

There's not a whole lot to say about this one. You have a real great cast here, headlined by Tim Allen, with supporting roles from a variety of well-known actors. In the little screen time he gets, Ray Liotta is as awesome as ever. I also enjoyed Kelsey Grammer and the gorgeous Julie Bowen. With Crazy on the Outside, you aren't getting some big-time Hollywood film. Instead, it's a fun little movie that had me laughing out loud a few times. Sure, it has it's issues and the story isn't very deep, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. 3 and a half stars.
April 10, 2013
Cute movie. Funny at times
April 5, 2013
2013-04-05 watched for 2nd time, on Netflix on xbox
March 15, 2013
It isn't as crazy as I thought it was going to be but i definitely did laugh out loud a few times, unfortunately not too frequently. I loved Sigourney Weaver as ever, her quirky character is very funny. I also loved the Pirate Burger place. The story doesn't really seem to go anywhere fast, which kind of annoyed me. It got to around the 1 hour mark and i started getting bored with it. Some gags fall flat, the delivery can be a bit off in my opinion and don't even mention the musical score, it is definitely dire and sounds like something from a 90s made for TV movie that nobody has heard of, let alone the fact that it doesn't fit the tone of what's on screen at times. Crazy on the Outside is worth a cheap rental if you're patient with this kind of genre.
January 19, 2013
not bad comedy-great cast a 2 yuck movie.
½ January 4, 2013
Its a stale concept and script but its not the worst film i've seen like it.
January 3, 2013
The script is a montage of cliche and plug-and-play characters. Sigourney Weaver has her moments, Tim Allen plays Tim Allen with consistency, and Ray Liotta turns in a performance worthy of a Lifetime original. Not as bad as its 8 percent tomato meter rating, but not worthy of the 3 stars Netflix gives -- but then again, those are Netflix streaming stars, and therefor, inflated.
December 9, 2012
Despite some big name cast members (who are underutilised), this just limps along towards a predicable conclusion. Watchable but light on laughs. Cliched and predictable more than other Tim Allen movies, which is saying a lot. It follows the typical romantic plot structure i.e. it plays it way too safe.