Crazy People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crazy People Reviews

½ December 30, 2010
Hilarious movie where patients at a mental institution basically come up with advertisements/marketing schemes for some of the larger well-known companies.
½ October 23, 2010
I guess I'm just a sucker for Daryl Hannah and Dudley Moore.
Nice film with the madness of advertising to the fore.
If you like this try How to get ahead in advertising - the madness being more palpable from Richard E Grant.
September 3, 2010
Um bom exemplo de como deveriamos fazer publicidade
½ August 27, 2010
As a person living successfully with a mental illness, I would not endorse the movie ?Crazy People? starring Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah. The movie description of a psychiatric hospital looked more like a five star hotel, causing the average Joe who watches this movie to think that people in a psychiatric hospital are undeserving of stay?s in the lap of luxury unlike any hospital stay in a psychiatric hospital I have had. I was glad to watch a movie where people in a hospital had a chance to be in a work environment for the first time in their lives, however inappropriate pay and recognition for a job well done is a true insult to the mentally ill in this country that work hard and provide services that benefit the society around them. The movie did demonstrate an unfortunate historical truth (thankfully no longer lawful in today?s day and age) demonstrating how those patients who achieve success in hospital based vocational rehabilitation based jobs were often committed for a period beyond their time for discharge because they were so good in the hospital jobs they were assigned to that ultimately provided profit for the hospital they were committed to.
Unfortunately character portrayal?s in this movie were not as much a symptom of mental illness as they were criminal or aggressive acts which often times leads people to be fearful of those who are living with a mental illness when in reality people living with a mental illness are much more likely to be victimized by aggressive criminals than the other way around. I suppose many people would find ?Crazy People? to be entertaining however it was far from an accurate or realistic snapshot of people living with mental illness. Simply put, the movie did not match up with reality as I have experienced it.
In conclusion, the movie ?Crazy People? was filled with a lot of myths about mental illness. Although the production team did their best to demonstrate comic relief, my fear is those that choose to watch this movie will have a difficult time with not generalizing the behaviors portrayed by the mentally ill. Such stereotypical behaviors of mental illness include violence, low functioning, child like, idiotic and stupidity all of which are not common characteristics of anyone I know that?s living with a mental illness. Although I can?t say enough bad things about this movie, the last point I will make in this review will be: Would the story line be considered funny if the movie made fun of a hotel full of people living with a stroke, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer?s, Parkinson?s, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinabifida or even Aids? If you think outlining comedy that makes fun of the above diseases can be described as ??Really big laugh?s?? like Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times stated in his review of the movie ?Crazy People? you might be as sick as those who made this movie.
July 28, 2010
Crazy People is hilarious.
July 15, 2010
One of the funniest comedies of the early 90's. It loses it's way slightly in the second half, but the advert parodies are hilarious.
June 12, 2010
good message to society. crazy people are not that crazy
January 25, 2010
Classic Dudley Moore. A very funny feel good film. The entire cast is great especially Dudley and David Paymer.
October 23, 2009
I loved the wit, directness, and the fact that all these odd folks had colorful and unique contributions to a common cause. Being needed, and gaining a sense of accomplishment is obviously a great feeling... especially when you've been cast aside as worthless. Dudley Moore's character is witty in his insistance on telling the truth in advertising... what a great premise. My favorite random line is when the asian fellow gets his car, takes off his shoes, gets in to drive, and announces, "I am going to run down some caucasions today!" I laughed through most of the movie. One more thing.... "HELLO."
½ September 21, 2009
hello, hello, hello, what a wonderful word hello!!!!!!! nuff said quality film
½ July 18, 2009
White people are too tall and gangly.
½ July 3, 2009
This is such a funny film. The ads the patients come up with are hilarious as well as some of the one liners. The ensemble cast work really well together. Daryl Hannah' s line "I'm nuts" is my favourite:)
June 8, 2009
The ad-campaign satire provides some good comedy to begin with, it's a shame it is basically the only jokes it has throughout, the rest of it makes for a standard and formulaic comedy movie.
½ June 7, 2009
Highly entertaining and Dudley on top form as he has always been. Great ad campaign bit...brilliant!
½ April 21, 2009
"who want's to be a fire truck?"
½ February 25, 2009
The movie itself is pretty formulaic, but there are some great ad campaigns, and Dudley makes the whole thing a bit funnier than it really should be.
½ January 26, 2009
While the mental patients are clearly actors, the idea for this film is great! Very entertaining :)
January 22, 2009
Hi. Hello. How are you? Hello.
½ November 23, 2008
A verry funny film. Worth watching for the comercials alone.