Creature From Black Lake (Demon of the Lake) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Creature From Black Lake (Demon of the Lake) Reviews

½ January 6, 2008
pretty decent little thriller, but the quality on the dvd really sucked!
December 10, 2007
the first movie i saw, !!!, i rate it not because it's my fav. but because it's my first movie as i remember
½ October 24, 2007
Kind of entertaining in the incongruous disconnect between horror tropes and exploitive comedy about dumb Southerners. The leads suck, but Dub Taylor is funny in a Dukes of Hazzard type way, and Jack Elam's crazy eyes are wicked.
June 25, 2007
Made way back in 1976 on what was obviously a low budget this film has been made with the common sense to use what they had available to them. So no fancy special effects or make-up, the film relies solely on suspense and the characters to create the atmosphere and it does work well. The films follows two students who investigate into the strange reports of bigfoot near a small town. Once they arrive in town they different reactions to their questions from "witnesses", the disbelieving sheriff to a drunken trapper who wants to kill it. The film is really a Blair Witch Project of the seventies as we watch the students interviewing people on the sightings before they decide to head into the woods to investigate for themselves. The creature is quite rightly kept hidden for most of the film and is usually just seen as a dark shape moving about, which works really well and adds to the suspense. Worth watching but don't expect a creature carnage film.
May 25, 2007
A Sasquatch classic. Would have loved to have caught this at a drive-in.
½ May 13, 2007
Found it to be very entertaining for a B flix
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
October 5, 2006
I remember watching this as a teen.