Creature of Darkness (Hunter's Moon) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Creature of Darkness (Hunter's Moon) Reviews

½ May 7, 2013
Congratulations, this is the worst movie ever made.
½ October 13, 2012
Yeah, its as bad as it sounds.
January 28, 2012
Sounds pretty interesting. I want to see it for Matt Lawrence.
January 6, 2012
I'm a sucker for a good cheesy horror movie. Unfortunately, this is not a GOOD cheesy horror movie. In fact, had Devon Sawa not been in it, I probably wouldn't have finished watching it. There are a few parts that are fairly entertaining, but by about halfway through I just wanted it to be over. This is definitely nothing to write home about.
½ August 6, 2011
A rubber alien terrorizes a group of loud and obnoxious friends.
½ July 28, 2011
This film has "B-Movie" written all over it. The special effects were way too cheesy and they could've done a lot better. The alien looked great, they justed needed to add some more design to it. The acting was pretty bland. Very unrealistic with a plot and scenes that make no sense what so ever. But that's what make's a Sci-Fi B - Movie good. A B - Movie Sci-Fi Classic.
½ December 19, 2010
at least there were boobs
½ November 9, 2010
Well there's an hour and a half of my life I'm never getting back. There are no words to describe just how bad this movie really was.
October 12, 2010
It certainly wasn't perfect but I still enjoyed watching this.
October 7, 2010
What the hell is Sawa doing in a film like this after making lots of well known studio films? This is an extremely bad movie with lots of embarassing dialogue and acting. Even the post production work like the film editing, visual effects, photography, score and much more are badly done. This film reminds me of Predator.
½ August 10, 2010
OMFG = oh my fucking god, why did I see this? well two reasons, Matthew Lawrence and Devon Sawa. But those boys, I can only tell you more than likely they just did this piece of shit for the $$. no other explanation would be acceptable. horrible writing, horrible acting, shit CGI.. throw it away, and never look back, don't rent -- don't even try.. you will loose brain power... really, I am not shitting you, I was numb for days..
May 23, 2010
I give this movie three stars cause Devon Sawa and Mathew Larwance are in it. Yeah they are kinda washed up but they are still cute and Davon is still funny.
The whole movie was low budget sci-fi about a bunch of kids on a camping trip looking for a good time. Things go horribly wrong when friends start dissapearing and weird looking strangers pays a visit. Entertaining but lacking in fright. This movie could have worked if the storyline was tweeked a little. Still over all a fun sci-fi movie.
May 5, 2010
For the movie Creature of Darkness, it's actually a place of great darkness, where once promising young stars like Devon Sawa (Final Destination), Matthew Lawrence (The Hot Chick), and Sanoe Lake go to fade away into obscurity. The film centers on a large group of young bros and hoes who go camping and motorcrossing in the desert where an alien has landed and government people are apparently roaming (though you only see bits of them briefly, then never again). Immediately, this vicious alien begins abducting/killing them one by one in order to gather trophies (a la Predator) for a museum on another planet. How do we know this? Oh yeah, the camping trip is also a convenient intervention for loony friend Sawa who has nightmares of an alien ripping him apart. The story is pure 100% shit, as is the horrendous acting and effects. At first, the effects looked promising, especially when the creature dones a hat and long jacket to abduct folks (a la Jeepers Creepers) but then it quickly resorts to atrocious CG and further worsens this already awful film. This is yet another one I nominate in the category of worst horror/sci-fi of 2010. I thought for sure writer/director Mark Stouffer was a young up and comer attempting to break into the business on a rough start with this funky film, but in all actuality, Stouffer has been in the business for 30 years! Take a hint: it's time to retire. Awful, awful film!
½ May 4, 2010
Anybody remember Devon Sawa? Nope, thats why he's starring in crap like this. I'm not gonna waste anymore space on this nonsense. Avoid at all costs.
April 29, 2010
people did say it was a cheap rip off of aliens but thats total crap, it is its own movie completly different story the alien looks completly different and the only thing that stops it from getting a 2 star rating is having a cool 90's actor like Devon Sawa in it, use would remember him as the kid who can see death in the original Final Destination movie, interesting movie this one, cheap but interesting
½ April 26, 2010
My girlfriend and I thought the its description on the Red Box seemed OK, we were terribly mistaken.
April 23, 2010
Huge stinker with a very artificial and not so bright alien who kills off some highly expendable humans. The fun part is where the army seems to have everything under control, if control means you're just watching. Stay away from this movie. There's not even good nude scenes.
April 21, 2010
The acting isn't THAT terrible. I liked the Alien. But throw in a silly romance (and an even sillier campfire horror story)... almost lost me. Still, enjoyed the dune buggies and the pretense of psychological character development (almost works). Overall, not a horrible movie.
April 16, 2010
A 'horror' movie..

There isn't much, if anything, good to say about this movie. Bad acting preformances that wasn't helped by the redicilous script with useless dialogues. The creature costume might've been the best part of the movie, it was like something you could've expected from a Xena episode. It didn't offer much, almost nothing, or blood n gore either Even though it's labels as a horror movie theres no scary scenes in the movie, but there are a few laughable ones. I'd recommend most people to not waste their time with viewing this..