The Crew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crew Reviews

½ October 17, 2014
For all its shock and self-indulgence, this is still a well crafted film, for better or worse.
September 6, 2014
I changed my mind on this film throughout. A low budget, Indpendent film, coming (unusually) from Liverpool. Firstly the Stephen Graham sold this one for me, yet his role isn't one of the biggest he's had. Lots of recognisable British faces. It took a while to warm up, when it did there were probaly a few parts that weren't necessary thrown in for shock value no doubt - but from about half way through it started to become a little more interesting, gritty and worked up to quite a good ending.
½ March 7, 2014
Everything about this film is pointless! Do your self a favor and stay away from the steaming pile of shark Diarrhea!!!!
½ May 28, 2013
it was kind of cool untill the hardcore gay scene. disgusting absolutly horrible. STAY AWAY>>>DO NOT WATCH
March 7, 2013
good heist/caper pic
December 25, 2012
It was "different", but I can't say it was a fun ride.
LWOODS04
November 4, 2012
"A decent mob/crime thriller. I thought the story was good paced and there was some good intense scenes. I don't think it's done as good as the likes of 'Snatch', but still a solid film. This one was a bit more grittier than some of the other films I have seen in this genre. The acting is pretty solid. Although the wife got on my nerves for being so stupid. Worth seeing at least once."
½ October 5, 2012
This typically macho, over violent and poorly made British crime film leaves a sour taste, especially when two heroin addicts are forced to give oral sex to two of the primary characters.
August 27, 2012
Amazing shows what it takes to survive in Liverpool
June 17, 2012
This is a bit of a rambling mess. There were a few good bits but nothing new or interesting enough to really grab you.
June 6, 2012
Deliriously funny in some moments thanks to Rory McCann's portrayal of sexually frustrated "Moby", some slow spots but made up for in the action scenes & the violence abounds. Definitely worth a watch. You'll never look at a glass-topped table the same way again.
½ April 12, 2012
Not the best of its kind, but this movie definitely delivers the goods! The performances were a little over the top at times, but all-in-all this was a great movie, a little disturbing at times, but still very good!
February 17, 2012
A gang leader finds his empire unravelling after the mysterious killing of an associate. As he ponders walking away from it all, the consequences of betrayals from unexpected quarters take over, and he is forced to do what must be done. When his demise seems certain, an old ally comes to his aid, reminding him that when false hopes fade; the crew can endure.

While the twist and turns of the plot fail to surprise, the pace is kept lively with tension between characters that are as colourful as they are believable. Occupying its "Brit gangster" genre slot without any apologies, there is even a cheeky homage to a scene from Abel Ferrara's, King of New York.

Though pretty solid in general, the acting is only failed by occasional lapses in the script. Thanks to a soulful brit pop soundtrack, and violence that is inferred more than graphic; the blemishes of this movie are forgivable, in a dish that is more meat and potatoes, than cordon bleu.

Overall this is an excellent yarn that will amply satisfy lovers of the British gangster genre. Recommended!!
½ August 16, 2011
Not a bad crime / gangster movie set on the streets of Liverpool. There are flashes of the great film it could but then there are other parts of the movie that decend into naffness, mostly in an attempt to bring some humour into the movie. The film is at least a lot better than it's low budget might suggest :o)
½ August 14, 2011
Perhaps I had high expectations after watching other Brit crime flicks because this was a disappointment. The plot had potential but the pace and filler 'violence' derails this movie. Ah well.
June 22, 2011
not bad. a fair UK crime movie- acting & story wise.
March 6, 2011
Scouse gangster film. Quality
February 15, 2011
It isn't a real action movie, it 's not a big stuff as mystery and suspence, it's not the ideal drama,but we need to give credit to the good actors.
½ December 17, 2010
Mildly arresting crime drama that despite it's best efforts fails to deliver anything new to the tired brit-gansgta-cockney-mockney-flick genre. This isnt helped by the presence of half the cast of hollyoaks, some truly terrible performances and some hilarious chauvinistic writing (see the assumption that when hetrosexual, married WAGS are given wine, after five minutes they will inevitably start having graphic lesbian sex.) Nice to see (the now very type-cast) Stephen Graham, and the occasional (actual) Northern actor who bump the performance levels up to slightly watchable.