The Crime of Padre Amaro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crime of Padre Amaro Reviews

June 30, 2012
a pesar de que el titulo no se condice con los hechos, se puede mirar
May 28, 2012
drama latino que mas me a gustado
May 13, 2012
A LOT of drama in this movie, it totally goes with its title
April 23, 2012
Excelente caricatura de la iglesia catolica y su impacto en la sociedad mexicana. A pesar de ser criticada como un ataque a la institucion, me parece que tambien muestra detalles positivos sobre la misma.
½ April 6, 2012
I have always wondered....
½ February 20, 2012
gael's performance makes you dislike his character.
February 14, 2012
Another stellar performance by the always versatile Gael Garcia Bernal.
November 3, 2011
A muckraking tale of priestly corruption, hypocrisy and illicit love that smothers its reformist protest beneath a sweaty cassock of sexual soap opera and overheated religious symbolism. Actually, its not THAT bad, but with material as rich as this, film fans will be forgiven for expecting more.
½ October 27, 2011
varmasti katolisissa maissa kiistelty elokuva, mutta nain ei katolisena ilman polemiikkeja hyva elokuva.
½ August 12, 2011
Made me cringe and shudder in disgust.
August 11, 2011
The controversial tale of a corrupt priest who get into an affair with a restaurant owner whilist doing drug deals on the side for money. The film is crafted so well and feels so real that it'll hit one like a ton of bricks. It is one of the crowning achievements of 2002 and contains flawless performances. Not one to be missed.
½ June 6, 2011
A very controversial film about religion. A bit confused in the middle, but overall it's an excellent movie. Gael Garcia Bernal delivers a very strong performance. He is definitely one of the greatest actor in world cinema. Just wish he won't be another Antonio Banderas, who becomes lamer and lamer after moving to Hollywood.
April 23, 2011
This would be an irony to watch this movie in a religious week. But I guess I would be happy to see a hidden story of some many priests and Mexican society. Corruption, Love, Religion and Sex, which moved with a handsome priest whom are other believed as a saint.
Sadly, This happens to almost every religions, most of them are not following it as a philosophy.
½ April 4, 2011
Great depiction of the 'good' and 'bad' operating in all of us, told through the tragic story of the fall of a young priest into the corruption, violence, love and lust surrounding him. Watch with an open mind, because it will tear-up your assumptions with every subsequent scene.
April 4, 2011
Interesante historia.
March 22, 2011
Apenas limita-se a contar uma história anormal e constrangedora de cariz sexual, mas nada mais do que isso...
February 15, 2011
Want to see this again!!
January 9, 2011
This is one thing I like about foreign films; they tell a story and keep you guessing until the end about what will happen, and the director is not afraid to shock you.
December 28, 2010
"it was actually very interesting"
½ December 25, 2010
A mexico/spain collaboration. Gael Bernal shows his acting pedigree here and was absolutely brilliant as the confused priest who succumbs to the temptation of his sensuality. He has an affair with a young Catholic girl who adores him but tragedy ensues and a botched abortion costs the girl her life...