Reviews

• Dec 30, 2012

This is a funny film. It has a simple story which goes very smoothly forward and does not slow down too much. The guys have to go to the police academy. This has real characters, a funny story and lots of action. And considering how few main characters the film has, its amazingly diverse. It is a long film yet it doesn't get boring. As Bud Spencer and Terence Hill -movie it works just fine. Both actors are working together really well and this is very probably their best movie. Of course, as Bud & Terence- classic, it has to have fights. The bar fight is probably the funniest of their fight scenes ever. I laughed with tears in my eyes. The final fight is also very funny, and the remaining three or four fights are basic Terence & Bud -stuff. There are enough fights despite of the lenght of the film, proven by the fact that the rest of the screen-action still carries the film. The film is full of delicious details, like the crazy hooligan who calls himself Geronimo and dresses like an indian - their match on the american football field looks like stuff of legend; the two fake 'dutchesses' and their drunken 'penguin' butler; Bud Spencer and his beard with the blue jacket saying 'Jumbo'; how they try to execute a bank robbery, only to end up in the police academy; the police commander who looks like he's JR Ewing from Dallas, or the chinese family, or how they can't get out of the police force no matter how hard they try, or the - how should I put it - novel fighting style, so amazing in this very movie. (The movie's title is in finnish 'Turpiin vaan ja Onnea') Make no mistake - this is a classic..! The film is simply dynamite! You'll very likely always remember this film after seeing it. My favorite!

• Aug 09, 2012

Bud & Terence: the rescuers of European B-movies!!

Bud & Terence: the rescuers of European B-movies!!

• Feb 20, 2012

This is old school anyone remember these dudes

This is old school anyone remember these dudes

• Sep 14, 2010

Dreadfully unfunny "comedy", Italian made but curiously set in Miami. Cheaply made, an absolutely horrendous score. Awful and painfully stupid.

• Jul 10, 2010

• Apr 17, 2010

My first experience with the Terence Hill/ Bud Spencer duo, and it's a fun little film. The humor may be a tad on the broad slap-sticky side, but it allows for this to translate to a more universal audience, so why bitch? Lotsa fist-fights and visual gags, this is a light-hearted way to spend a couple hours. Rental.

• Apr 06, 2009

One of my all-time favourite guilty pleasures, Crime Busters is Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer at their comedic best. From the opening scene on the dock to the bar fight and the football field antics, there is literally a laugh every minute. A fantastic example of Italian comedies of the 1970's, this is one that is well worth a watch if you can get your hands on it.

• Feb 10, 2009

Great movie! When you're five years old... :)

Great movie! When you're five years old... :)