Crimson Tide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crimson Tide Reviews

September 18, 2017
Great acting. Love the soundtrack
June 16, 2017
Yes, there's some obvious Tarantino dialogue that I thought was fine, but that's about all I think I could say positively about this. It (the Tarantino dialogue) also feels out of place. There was also no action.
April 23, 2017
Pretty good submarine movie.
½ February 5, 2017
Another classic ego driven men in power unable to bend. Military mindset in view
December 3, 2016
The movie is very intense and extremely suspenseful even if it's premise is ridiculous and the military protocols lack authenticity, especially the part about a dog being allowed on a submarine.
November 2, 2016
I liked Hunt for Red October better, but it isn't bad.
September 25, 2016
Exceptional acting talent on display as these two wilful natural leads come to loggerheads. Gripping drama.
½ September 12, 2016
Fantastic actioner. It's quite impressive how intense a movie about a group of guys arguing in one location can be. This comes straight from the school of 12 Angry Men. Great performances, great dialog. Man, I miss Tony Scott...
August 28, 2016
Denzel, Viggo, & Gene Hackman - are you kidding me? Of course this is an AWESOME movie!
July 9, 2016
Director, Tony Scott, has reached the depth of his action-thriller abilities here (pun intended). Solid acting, lightning dialogue (Tarantino?), and stylishly, yet moody cinematography to keep the suspense in a confined space. There are so many familiar faces and future rising stars in this film- it's a bit crazy. Rating: 8.25 / 10
½ June 19, 2016
Greatly enjoyable with superb performances. Crimson Tide is a very entertaining action thriller.
½ May 17, 2016
Outstanding! loved it
½ May 13, 2016
Probably my favourite Tony Scott film, amidst stiff competition. The acting of both Hackman and Washington, plus the fine supporting cast, is top-drawer, and Scott keeps the suspense up, the film's as tight as a drum. It's rumoured that there were plenty of script doctors, including Quentin Tarantino, but that's no crime--especially when it works. One of my favourite submarine films--it's up there in my books with 'Destination Tokyo' (I haven't seen my DVD of 'Das Boot' yet). It's a great shame that Scott decided to take his life a few years back. He was a much better director than I used to give him credit for. I guess it's true that we don't realize just how good people are until they're gone. This film's essential for war film enthusiasts or those who enjoy suspense films or thrillers: It wouldn't be out of place in the oeuvres of, say, Sir Alfred Hitchcock or David Fincher, and would make a great double-bill with 'Lifeboat' or 'They Were Expendable'.
½ April 6, 2016
With Tony Scott's flare for A-game action thrillers, Crimson Tide delivers a highly energetic narrative and is anchored by terrifically executed performances from Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman.
January 31, 2016
I watched The Hunt for Red October a few weeks ago and I was a little underwhelmed. Crimson Tide, however did more to hit the mark. Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman are in top form as they split a naval crew and create mutiny whilst on a mission to stop Russian rebels. The tension is brilliant and really keeps you on edge. The chemistry between Hackman and Washington is top notch and it's clear to see their difference of opinions.
December 25, 2015
Good Nuclear war military drama.
½ December 15, 2015
A modern version of The Caine Mutiny.
½ December 14, 2015
For 1996, this was a sick AF drama/thriller.
November 18, 2015
One of the best war movies to watch
November 12, 2015
That horse stuff is so Tarantino.