Croc Reviews

• Sep 07, 2018

Croc truly is the Godzilla of the swamp.

Croc truly is the Godzilla of the swamp.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Mar 13, 2017

I was flipping through movie channels, looking for something to watch & Croc was about to come on in 5 minutes so I thought, why not? The description sounded interesting & it had been given 3 stars so it had to be an OK movie, right? Wrong!!! How & why did this movie get 3 stars? The only reason at all I can think of that this movie got 3 stars was the scenery.I can understand if it got 1 or 2 stars, but 3? Croc was a complete & total time waster.The thing that really got me was how huge the croc was at times, but other times it was normal size.Most of all it wasn't scary looking.After it was over I wondered why did I sit through the whole thing? The best thing I can say about Croc is at least I didn't have to pay to see it.If I did, I would've wanted my $$$ back.I can't recommend anybody go see this movie unless you're a Syfy channel movie fanatic or you LOVE extremely bad creature features.There are better creature features out there, I'd suggest watching 1 of those & skipping this 1

• Sep 17, 2014

pretty good for a sci fi channel movie ;)

pretty good for a sci fi channel movie ;)

• May 16, 2013

For a lot of people, the famously awful Sc-Fi Channel feature films are a hilarious way to spend an afternoon, but I have never found anything remotely funny about any of them. "Croc" is no exception. This film is just bad, made cheaply to earn a quick buck and faint praise from the handful of people who will relish its ineptitude, and in my book there's nothing funny about that. This is clearly a copy of "Jaws", but to even mention that film in connection with this one is an absolute outrage. The attack scenes are poorly staged and un uneasy mix of CGI creatures, stock footage of real crocodiles and gallons of fake blood to cover up all the poor make-up effects. Director Stewart Raffill used to make bad-to-mediocre theatrical films, but this represents his farther fall from grace yet. This is a manufactured product more than a real film, and quite frankly that's distasteful. The makes don't even focus on the killer animal for a great deal of the running time, as a lot of extraneous subplots are thrown in to pad things out. We get all of the usual elements: a romance, a greedy land developer and evil tax collectors. None of them really have a place in this film. And then, of course, Michael Madsen shows up to collect a paycheck in the Robert Shaw role, and it's clear that his prime is long past him. Nothing, not even money, can justify his appearance in "Croc". This is just shoddy filmmaking, and frankly, there's nothing funny about it.

• Mar 31, 2013

This one was hard to watch. It's budget horror at it's finest (worst?) and uses some very cheap looking shots. I'm pretty sure some of the "Croc" shots were stock footage from the discovery channel or animal planet. It's probably the worst horror movie I've watched recently.

• Dec 10, 2012

Croc is rather uninteresting, but Michael Madsen's performance is amusing.

Croc is rather uninteresting, but Michael Madsen's performance is amusing.

• Jun 30, 2012

A good horror film but could use a little more part of action and gore

A good horror film but could use a little more part of action and gore

• Apr 05, 2012

pretty decent Syfy movie. i actually enjoyed it to a certain extent

pretty decent Syfy movie. i actually enjoyed it to a certain extent

• Mar 19, 2012

The mix of animatronics with real crocodile footage actually isn't horrible, The story is more believeable and well done than most cheap creature-features, but the usual bad acting is there of course. Best scene is yes there is a 20 foot crocodile in that pool, no they somehow don't see that

• Mar 11, 2012

Boring with uninteresting characters and a terrible setting. The crocodile is composed of terrible CGI, a rarely used puppet, and a ton of bad quality nature footage. You could easily tell that there was a hove sticking out of the croc's mouth when it was suppose to be a kid. The acting is terrible and it's a worthless film with a bland ending and slow boring scenes.