Crónicas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crónicas Reviews

June 4, 2013
An engrossing, entertaining, and troubling exploration of human nature. Very well done.
January 29, 2013
It was an ok movie... not a nail biter... but sad again, to see, what people consider "more important"...
April 26, 2012
A powerful, well-made drama, exploring the limits of morality and the fine line between good and evil. Clever plot, deft direction.

Solid performances from John Leguizamo, Leonor Watling and Damian Alcazar. Alfred Molina gets a cast credit, but you hardly see or hear him - a bit of a waste to use a name-actor for his role.
½ August 8, 2011
The premise is interesting, the cast is solid but ultimately this ultra-violent film fails to deliver the goods. What a waste!
½ June 20, 2011
Interessant plot, men kjedelig fortalt, og en halv time for lang. Kunne med enkle grep ha blitt mer spennende.
June 20, 2011
Inefficient, dull, melodramatical & theatrical acting, quite predictable and actulally rather speculative, although claiming the opposite. Great potential plot-wise, but as a movie, Cronicas is criminally overrated.
November 29, 2010
Review #469 True Story, Drama, Espanol

A film that is about as unsettling as they come, but doesn't give the viewer much subtlety . It is engaging and gets the performances that it needed, and that it the main reason, I ended up not hating it.

"This was Leguizamo's film to own, and he owned it well."

Trust Me: It's still worth at least one watch.
November 25, 2010
one of the very best psycho thrillers ever seen in life...
½ August 7, 2010
Cronicas is a really interesting movie. It's leguizamos best drama role yet. Now the plot it's really good as well with the story and the suspence builds up all the way to the end. I know there's alot of people that hvent seen it but if you cross on this review please do it so it's really worth seeing.
April 23, 2010
More a drama than a murder mystery, about human nature and the power of television
iLeo
½ April 12, 2010
Great movie. Interesting story plot. Great cast- John Leguizamo, Leonor Watling, Alfred Molina, Javier Cámara, and Damián Alcázar. Worthy!
½ February 27, 2010
Good Film. The actor who plays the bible sales man is Excellent!
January 12, 2010
Disturbing, thought-provoking, uncompromising drama about crime and the tabloid press. Film on location in Ecuador.
December 28, 2009
Some actors were not doing a good job especially john leguizamo. I also hate how he spoke Spanglish in the movie. Overall the movie is very good and shocking pshycological thriller at times.
November 23, 2009
A disturbing movie. Especially so when one realizes that the protagonist is furthering his journalistic career at the expense of getting the truth out on a murderer.
November 9, 2009
Pelicula de un investigacion en Columbia. John Leguizamo's es un buen actor en esta pelicula.
½ October 18, 2009
Cant count how many times I fell asleep while watching it
August 16, 2009
This is the story of a colombian serial killer of kids. I guessed is so shocking because we know it is based on a real story. This guy raped and killed over 175 kids and the other serial killer more hideous than this one was another colombian named Pedro Alonso Lopez who was presumed to kill more than 300 kids. Even though the movie is not very high quality in terms of the script and the cinematography, I could not stop watching it just because I was aware of the similarities with the colombian killer. It is always amazing for me to have to admit that this kind of people really exists. It is a call to reality that I cant avoid. The movie not also shows the disgusting aspects of the killer mind but also of some journalists who just cared about the story and the fame.
August 16, 2009