Cross - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cross Reviews

½ December 23, 2015
Allow me to preface this review, by saying that I'm not entirely sure if this movie was supposed to be taken seriously. Nowhere in any online description have I found Cross, listed under comedy, and if that is truly the case, then the filmmakers must think people are all very simple minded. Full of 80s teen hearthrobs, cliche lines, and really awful special effects, I was sure that this was going to be a farce of the Avengers, the only problem is, it never did get funny. Callan Cross (Brian Austin Green) is an ordinary man, who is given superhero powers from an ancient cross he wears around his neck. When the cross is stolen, Callan and his band of aerobatic, kung fu, gadget wearing friends, go to retrieve the cross and discover a much larger conspiracy. Brian Austin Green stars and at one time, he was a great actor, he was good looking too, but that's all changed. Depressed and lazy, Green delivers absolutely some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard, over the course of ninety minutes. He was clearly in it for the paycheck, as Cross is streaming, featured, and complete garbage. I even suspect that the whole 80s teen heartthrob aspect wasn't intentional, but rather the only actors desperate enough for work, that they agreed to be cast in this thing. Don't let looks deceive you, this is no farce, and it is far from being the Avengers, the only thing Cross is, is a complete waste of time.
February 7, 2015
yup this is one of those films were u go wtf just happened and why didn't I turn it off a minute in
September 1, 2014
not so much feels and is cheap
December 21, 2013
it was a pretty good syfy-Mystikal movie
October 24, 2013
I think this was funny and relaxed action packet.
½ August 18, 2013
Craptacular. Didn't set my expectations very high, and it was still worse than I anticipated! Expected B-grade, got Z-grade.

Silly plot; dreadful dialogue; weak direction; atrocious, hammy acting.

Avoid like the plague.
May 25, 2013
So can anyone tell me what the hell is suppose to have gone on in this film? wait silly question. So has anyone actually sat down and watched this film?! no wait, has anyone actually heard of this film?? bingo.

Clearly a comicbook stylised film although I don't think its based on anything real, could be wrong. The start of the film shows you this with a little comicbook intro and it does look like it could be some fun, a hidden gem. The plot is daft and something about a Celtic looking cross amulet thingy that gives people power and has been passed down through generations. It ends up in the hands of Brian Austin Green and gives him super powers, mainly strength...oh and some odd green glow side effect too.

Green's character 'Callen' has a team of elite soldiers that work with him regularly to fight against Michael Duncan Clarke who is some kind of criminal kingpin. But then Vinnie Jones turns up as...errrr a viking warrior cursed with immortality and threatens mankind. Clarke and his bad guys join with Jones to take over the world or something like that, they are baddies is all you need to know.

So yeah, Vinnie Jones playing an undead viking warrior who is immortal, has a thick London cockney accent and for some reason is wearing an American 30/40's style bomber jacket. The good guys fair no better, we get no info on any of them frankly, no idea who they are or why they do what they do. They all have stupid names like 'Shark' 'Riot' and 'War', presumeably code names but they sound like Transformers and we don't get their real names if they have any. The baddie henchmen also have silly names too so I'm thinking this film is trying for some kind of Marvel superhero type angle, cool characters with cool names.

Despite the fact this is clearly a comicbook flick there isn't actually any real special effects or superhero-like sequences. We get some super strength moments from the hero who then shines/glows green and that's it! (the green looks dreadfully tacky too). Its like they have tried to create an awesome 'Spawn/X-Men/DareDevil/Avengers' type film but without any kind of budget...or plot.

The only thing that impresses here is the cast line up. A list of decent characters actors from past and present including Trejo, Sizemore, Jake Busey and Zabka from 'The Karate Kid'. Dunno why Sizemore's character is in this as he only pops up at the start and at the end, even though he's suppose to be after the bad guys and appears to have an important part to play.

You can see this was an attempt at something big but has fallen flat on its face. Incredibly poor B-movie, in fact its films like this that give B-movies a bad image, even as a TV movie it would be bad.
August 21, 2012
Good concept, but the acting leaves much to be desired
½ June 8, 2012
Worst movie of all time
½ June 6, 2012
Terrible movie! 10 minutes in it, I ejected it and threw it in the trash. What a waste.
May 14, 2012
how low budget can you get? this is one of the worst written films i think ive ever seen. its so bad nobody comes out of this with any credibility apart from maybe jake busey prob because he realised what a turd of a script this is and needed a new shed or something and thought id have a laugh with this crap. something about a celtic cross giving someone weird powers who then gets some mercinares to help him out fighting crime. someone actually survives getting shot in the head!!
March 13, 2012
Felt like a mediocre video game.
½ March 8, 2012
AN ACTION WITH NOT MUCH TO OFFER
½ January 13, 2012
One strange, weird movie but its alright to watch
½ December 28, 2011
It's lucky it got half a star
December 19, 2011
very bad stuff going on here, a low budget effort which is really silly
½ September 17, 2011
One strange, weird movie but its alright to watch
September 1, 2011
Sort of a weird movie, best acting was Michal Clarke Duncan. Really tried to be a "comic" movie gone real, but some of the times, the trying seemed pathetic and the story wasent really that interesting.