Crossfire Trail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crossfire Trail Reviews

September 20, 2015
If you take it for what it is, a made for TV TNT Western. It's not bad.
½ October 12, 2014
Good western with a great cast and script from Louis L'Amour. A great take on Old Time westerns.
July 12, 2013
Tom Selleck is one of those actors who was born to be a it on the big screen or small screen. Had not seen this TNT Original show since it first came out. Watched it on DVD...still found it to be a good western.
September 4, 2012
A great western , both in print and on the screen!
January 18, 2012
Pretty good made for tv Western. Selleck fits perfectly in the old west!
½ January 2, 2012
I think it is clear after seeing this, (and Quigly Down Under) that Tom Selleck needs to do more westerns. Crossfire Trail is a solid movie, with good acting from Selleck and Mark Harmon playing a great villain, and the action is pretty believable, but it is in its overall feel where it shines, playing like the best westerns of old, and that makes the $2.50 I paid for this a steal.
July 23, 2011
Tom Selleck truly makes a convincing cowboy. The story is run of the mill western stuff, but Tom's charisma is so strong you don't think about the fact that you've seen it all before. Good supporting cast, beautiful scenery and a well choreographed gunfight make this TV movie worth seeing if you like westerns or Selleck.

You wrote this on 6/30/09.
May 27, 2011
A great plot a western. I loved it. Great story and great actors and actress in it. Tom Selleck has a good role in this one. Mark Harmon done a great bad guy, Wilford Brimley done a great actor role in it. Great movie!!
½ December 23, 2010
OK, but not thrilling. I guess for a made-for-tv movie, it was not bad.
½ December 1, 2010
Good start, let down by middle and end. Watchable.
September 8, 2010
August 22, 2010
Selleck did it again with this Western. The attention to details shows, and I understand that is his personal 86 Centennial Winchester. A family friendly movie.
½ August 19, 2010
Where have all the westerns gone the movies about our past. About all the wonderful men and women who stood by their side tame this wild land. I love westerns and I loved this one as well, even Mark makes a great bad guy.
July 21, 2010
Could have enjoyed it more, if I just didn't hate westerns so much! LOL!!!
July 7, 2010
Tom Selleck, as Rafe Covington, always knows how to make a good western. With Mark Harmon, as Bruce Barkow, best known from his TV show NCIS, plays a very good bad cowboy.
½ April 26, 2010
Even better than Quigley Down Under and I loved Quigley. I prefer this movie's leading lady to an extent but mainly she was given a much stronger character than Laura in Quigley. It was great to see Wilford and the two other actors who helped Tom's character to fight against Mark Harmon's sleazy moneybags.

The younger guy of the good guys is first to get killed and then the others do what they can to save the heroine's ranch from being stolen by "moneybags".

The domination scene with Harmon and the heroine is a bit harrowing though not as much as what Sophia Loren suffered in "Two Women".

Selleck is becoming the John Wayne of his generation (yes, that's a compliment!)!
March 27, 2010
He makes a great cowboy..Yes, ladies, we can drool...
½ December 5, 2009
First Western I've seen in a while, and it was an entertaining 95 minutes. :)
½ November 24, 2009
Started off kinda boring but eventually got better.The shootout & ending was good
½ November 18, 2009
Tom Selleck = westerns
I wish him and Sam Elliot would do one more!