The Crow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crow Reviews

September 3, 2016
Very poor performance, but due to the death of Brandon is considered to be a cult.
½ August 19, 2016
Despite the standout performance of Brandon Lee, and the strange events of his death, this movie was like watching a movie made by a 90s grunge band. The most notable offensive monsters were the horrendous sfx and editing.
August 15, 2016
excellent movie, to bad he died for real in the movie.
½ July 11, 2016
It's incredible how they made this movie still so powerful and well structured even after the unfortunate death of Brandon Lee during the filming of this movie. It's got great action, but does the iconic status of how they still finished it given the circumstances and made a powerful movie about a vigilante living life by his own rules mean it's perfect? Noooo... It's pretty boring at some parts, to be honest and I feel most of the characters are pretty one dimensional, but it still is worth a watch at least once.
July 5, 2016
Loved this movie since it I first saw it in theaters! Brandon Lee was exceptional as the crow. I could accept sequels or spinoffs but this one needs to be left alone. Brandon's work deserves that.
½ July 3, 2016
On the plus side: it has a cool, dark atmosphere. Otherwise, it's heartwarmingly so-nineties, and gave some unintended laughs.
June 24, 2016
One of the best comic book to movie adaptations ever. I doubt they could ever make a better Crow movie than this. Brandon Lee would've been a huge star after this performance.
½ June 17, 2016
Visually gorgeous. The dramatic lighting and contrasts of darks and brights is everything you could ask for. A gleeful, menacing, and at times warm performance from Brandon Lee.
June 11, 2016
Action packed.
Great story.
Supurb cast.
Very likable
½ May 31, 2016
Riveting! A coup filled with love and death told marvelously darkened.

Director Alex Proyas (Knowing, Paradise Lost) puts together a tragic love story wonderfully shadowy with the son of Bruce Lee leading the cast to a classic that would generate more dead man walking films to come.

Synopsis: Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) is brutally murdered by a group of men for eviction circumstance. He is then brought back into the earthly world with the help of a black bird in taking revenge to those that did wrong doings.

I had the privilege to watch this film in theaters when it released in 1994 and it was an amazing experience to watch a film display with such sentiment and affection I could feel the hatred and sorrow with contentment closing in towards the ending credits.

Brandon Lee brings out the Raven in Draven with a performance that would have catapulted him to stardom with ease. The action is superb and the cast couldn't have gotten any better for the roles that needed to be played in this vengeful tale of despair. The cinematography could have been a bit more subtle, but the work they put washing out the colors made for a much darker film to view.

Had Iggy Pop played the role of T-Bird, the film would have possibly become a Masterpiece. For reasons unknown, he was unable to do so and would appear in the follow up title "The Crow: City of Angels".

Nevertheless, it's still a classic of its kind and will never be forgotten.
May 28, 2016
I love this movie. I can never get tired of watching this movie. A beautiful love story. #RealLoveLast4Ever <3
½ May 15, 2016
Silly and very '90s but is still a fun watch.
½ April 27, 2016
A revenge cult classic with Proyas hitting all the right technical notes and the late Brandon Lee owning the iconic vigilante role. Action packed driven by adequate pathos,‚?®well paced with enough grit and grime to see The Crow triumph.
½ April 25, 2016
classic! never gets old
April 25, 2016
this is the best one but there all good movies
March 31, 2016
This is like Bruce Lee meets The Joker (from Batman). This is a dark revenge movie, with some of the best cinematography and personality types of the time (1994). Ultimately, while ending this movie, the main actor dies in real life due to a gunshot. I highly recommend this movie. A+
March 16, 2016
84%
The Crow is a moody, action-packed revenge flick that's also well shot and boasts a killer soundtrack.

V: 79%
March 14, 2016
One of my favourite movies, everything about it is just great.
March 7, 2016
Crappy cgi but awesome gun fights. Really wanna see a remake and trilogy!!
February 17, 2016
the crow is a masterpiece.. its my childhood film it made me a fan of music and film.. R.I.P Brandon lee u were 1 of the greatest and are missed..