The Crow: City of Angels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crow: City of Angels Reviews

January 23, 2013
Set in a post apocalyptic L.A., a man who is resurrected as the mystical creature known as the crow is out to get revenge for the murder of his son and his wife. The setting is wasted in favour of an underwhelming revenge plot, and the film is needlessly overstylised as well as filled with clichés. Iggy Pop stars as a villain.
January 23, 2013
very good movie. not better than the 1st one though
January 19, 2013
I hated this film when I first saw it. I was very excited. I had loved the original. I devised an intricate plan that involved me catching a specific bus immediately after school to get to the movie theater in time to see it on opening day. Then I walked out of the theater angry and frustrated. It would be years and several viewings later before I would realize why. I was comparing it to the original. It's not exactly fair to do that in this case. Brandon Lee was gone and would never appear as The Crow again. And after thinking about it, if he had it would have been pretty ridiculous. The same person just continuously coming back from the dead. This film threw almost everything away, save the concept of a crow returning a soul from the dead for vengeance and the character "Sarah", and started fresh. It took me a while to appreciate it in it's own right. I had also been somewhat disappointed by it because I had read the novelization first and the books are usually better than the films. This movie creates a wonderful otherworldly type feel too an original crow story and Vincent Perez fits it beautifully. Yes, ever once in a while it suffers a couple bad lines of dialog and I definitely would not have played "I'm Your Boogeyman" when Ashe exists the burned-out warehouse, despite my affinity for Rob Zombie. However, as a standalone Crow film, I believe City of Angels hits most of the marks.
January 5, 2013
Spin-offs rarely deteriorate so badly from the original.
½ January 3, 2013
Although Vincent Perez is an actor of great charisma, he can't prevent this boat from sinking.This movie was a mistake, huge mistake...
½ December 29, 2012
Not as good as the first crow film but still really good Vincent Perez gives this movie his all no one could have done the performance as well as Brandon lee but Perez is still really good
December 29, 2012
Not the does not best The crow by an means but still a good movie
½ December 8, 2012
City of Angels is on the verge of becoming sacrilege.
½ December 7, 2012
A disaster of a sequel without Lee its got nothing to hold it together.
December 4, 2012
great music (hole's cover of Goldust Woman!). lousy movie.
½ December 2, 2012
Well they out of made queen latifah the crow so we at least no the direction these films are going in </3 )..; !!!
November 24, 2012
i grew up watching the crow movies and this is my favorite
½ November 19, 2012
not horrible, just does not go with the orginal.
½ November 15, 2012
More proof to the argument that you shouldn't make sequels to movies that need no sequels.
½ October 31, 2012
This movie maybe bad, but at least it tried. It does stay true by having it's dark tone style just like what it shown in both the first film and on the comic book series.
½ October 28, 2012
Formulaic and contrived, The Crow: City of Angels is a deplorable piece of garbage that lacks the passion and soulfulness of the original. This time the Crow resurrects a father to avenge his and his son's deaths at the hands of a viscous gang. The storytelling is awful, and feels like a cheap knockoff of the original. Additionally, the Gothic aesthetic is over stylized and pretentious. The Crow: City of Angels is a spectacularly awful film that has no grasp of James O'Barr's vision.
October 25, 2012
not as good as the 1st
October 25, 2012
I really wanted to love this, but instead I just liked it...but even I can say that even though the scripting and screen writing was bad, this film was unfairly judged. Watching it made me feel nostalgic, in a bad way :( Highly overacted, Terrible Dialogue and too copy cat ??? ( I heard that the original is 2hr 30min and that dimension changed it) though praise to Vincent Perez, he brought his own feel to The Crow. One thing that irritated me the most about this film was Vincent Perez' accent, it always changed.
October 16, 2012