Crown Heights Reviews

• Sep 19, 2018

Love true stories. Great movie just a few inconsistencies.

Love true stories. Great movie just a few inconsistencies.

• Apr 06, 2018

An important topic and fine performances, but doesn't pick up steam until late in the film.

• Feb 10, 2018

It could have been really formulaic, and/or really bleak, but what sold it for me was LaKeith Stanfield's performance in the lead. He shows such consistent integrity and strength, that even as the years tick away, it's hard not to have hope.

• Feb 05, 2018

Nearly 5% of those incarcerated in the U.S. are most likely innocent. This film highlights the faults of our judicial process.

• Jan 26, 2018

Great movie based on a true story. Good acting and plot. There are some similarities to "The Night Of" so if you enjoyed that series, you will like this movie. May have been better as a mini-series. ~20 years is a long period to squeeze into a 100 minute movie, but still worth the time to watch it..

• Jan 13, 2018

This is a deeply important movie, honestly and beautifully told. The acting was impeccable. Every single performance was skillful and convincing, from the lead characters, down to every single but part. The movie was beautifully shot, the score was perfect, and the story was truly powerful. Every American should see this movie. We need to understand the ugly truth of how the criminal justice system really functions in our country and the heroism of the people who fight for real justice.

• Jan 13, 2018

Really good and touching movie. Story was good and well acted. It was very interesting, but the movie moved very quickly and didn't really suck me into the emotions of Colin.

• Dec 21, 2017

A story of friendship, adjustment, courage and ultimately justice served albeit 20+ years late.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Dec 15, 2017

It loses steam by the time it gets around to the investigation and exoneration portion of the movie. The reason is that this shift in the narrative forces the filmmakers to abandon their far more moving examination of the slow, agonizing way the criminal justice system and prison dehumanizes those trapped within them.

• Dec 10, 2017

Great film, must see! Slow in some parts, but amazingly well done.

Great film, must see! Slow in some parts, but amazingly well done.