Crusoe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crusoe Reviews

November 20, 2014
February 11, 2014
Not being familiar with the source material, this proved to be an interesting story.
½ February 10, 2014
I very much liked the slaver/rescued black native Friday angle of this version and the fantastic cinematography . Aidan Quinn is very good as Crusoe.
November 20, 2013
The Robinson Crusoe story with a few twists. Crusoe as a slave trader. I did not see the twists as an improvement over the original story.
½ August 1, 2013
Crusoe is one of the most terribly bland and boring adaptations of the classic tale, just don't watch the movie
June 8, 2012
Beautifully filmed, but suffers from deliberate pacing and a shallow, uninspired viewpoint.
bbcfloridabound
½ March 21, 2011
I watched this film on Netflix Instant Watch and the Film was of good video quality. The Audio is very low on my laptop so I have to wear earphones turned up 100 percent, if anyone knows how to correct this problem please contact me. The film itself spent little time with the native Friday, more time was spent with Crusoe getting a out of season slave trade ship, the cruise, the shipwreck and after that little time was left for the Island Adventure and Friday. The story seems to have been modified, either that I don't the real story. I just don't remember the slitting of throats and the beheading of black natives for a native ritual sacrifice. I can only give this one 2 1/2 stars
½ February 12, 2011
Was a good version, didn't enjoy the end very much. They just seemed to drop it off. I did like the relationship that he developed with the native after saving him.
ScoopOnline
December 28, 2009
This version of Robinson Crusoe was my very first and I enjoyed it very much. A tiny bit violence but just tiny bit.
½ October 16, 2009
Have seen better Crusoe-movies than this one. It is also a little bit different from the original book. Not worth wasting time on.
May 19, 2008
KInda disappointing, even for a 1989 flick. Its a very shallow story that never really makes you care or feel for Crusoe. The plot lines are not rewarding and just dont go anywhere. That being said, its still a fun subject. Perhaps the film is true to the book, so what ya gonna do....
May 4, 2008
Decent flick, the best film adaptation of the original novel, imho.
½ March 25, 2008
kind of slow, very simple movie.
September 1, 2007
Nicely done, quiet movie touching on human rights during the slave trade era.
May 19, 2007
Aidan Quinn is awesome!
½ July 27, 2005
VERY GOOD TELLING OF THE CLASSIC TALE. AIDAN QUINN IS WELL CAST. SUSPENSEFUL AND INTERESTING, NICELY WRITTEN. IT WOULD BE HARD THOUGH TO SCREW UP A CLASSIC STORY SUCH AS THIS THOUGH.