Cry_Wolf Reviews

• Apr 12, 2019

Another crappy horror movie

Another crappy horror movie

• Jan 23, 2019

A move that I knew existed but never bothered to see until now. Most likely because I was in my college days of devouring 80s and 90s horror films I never watched as a kid. A lot of early and mid-2000s horror slipped past me. Not that Cry Wolf was worth seeking out, so at least I wasn't missing anything. A prep school for rich kids gets a British transfer student who automatically sticks himself into the clique group of popular kids. These kids play a game where one of them is the "Wolf" or person with lipstick on their chest, and the rest are "Sheep" or the dumbed down masses that follow the skinniest prettiest girl...oh wait, no that one is accurate. Anyways, instantly bored of this game, they decide to use the recent murder of a girl to design their own email that starts rumors about the killer killing teens all over the place. This pisses some people off while also apparently drawing the ire of the actual killer. This part of the film I didn't have a problem with. It's goofy but works as a motive for a killer. The rest of this film is where it ends though. The group of teens have this idea that they are so clever, the two main leads especially. This movie has an air of it trying to make me believe I don't know what's going on. All the while thinking it's throwing red herrings all over the place. In the end, it just feels like a low-end generic thriller that has a twist that is nowhere close to new and clever. That in itself isn't too bad, but being subjected to unlikable characters that spout out smarm and useless dialogue makes it harder to watch. Let's just say I am not that sad I missed this one when it came out. It's not a hard watch just a completely uninteresting one void of anything clever while acting like its super clever.

• Aug 17, 2018

1.5/5. The first act of Cry Wolf is solid, but the second act is miserable. The characters are insufferable and the plot is incredibly stupid. It has a few moments, but this movie is mostly really bad.

• Jan 12, 2018

I enjoyed it. For what was originally written as a short its a nice little thriller.

• Nov 19, 2017

Really good movie!!!! You have to follow along really closely to understand everything!!! I loved how everything played out in the end!!!

the movie was okay just needed more suspense

the movie was okay just needed more suspense

• Harry W Super Reviewer
    Mar 06, 2017

Flaccid and uninteresting, Cry_Wolf's cast looks like the characters of Cruel Intentions going to a Halloween party dressed as the characters from The Craft. The plot seems to scramble from twist to twist whilst never really grabbing our attention, and the polished cast of pretties are all equally as boring. I did try to enjoy Cry_Wolf but just couldn't... There's nothing that makes it worth watching whatsoever.

• Mar 06, 2017

I personally think this film is criminally underrated. It had a very short theater run (about 2 weeks) and flew under the radar. The best thing I could equate this to is The old M. Night Shyamalan films. You know, before the happening and all that garbage. This is worth a watch because it's plot twists kept me captivated and wanting more.

• Mar 06, 2017

Cry_Wolf is exceptionally teenage friendly with interesting direction by Jeff Wadlow and a fine performance from Julian Morris (Sorority Row) and his co-stars Lindy Booth (The Famous Jett Jackson) and Jared Padalecki (Supernatural). Though too-quickly paced and at times, confusing, Cry_Wolf will please the teenage movie goer and unfortunately will do nothing more for any other age group.

• Mar 06, 2017

not bad for a pg13 slasher.

not bad for a pg13 slasher.