Reviews

• 5d ago

The Jon Alpert's film has no political ideas, just ideas mixed with humanism. Because of that it's so magical and touching. 8/10

• Apr 03, 2021

Is neither a historical or social experiment . Lack clarity from a social a political perspective .

• Feb 17, 2021

This film really puts into perspective how the Cuban revolution impacts normal every day people. It is impossible not to empathize with Cubans and understand the complexity beyond disliking or supporting Castro. If you want to live through history it is a must watch. What an amazing documentary!

• May 25, 2020

I just couldn't believe how good that was. It seems like the work of a lifetime for the creators.

• May 09, 2020

Amazing, wonderful, heart touching sometimes.

Amazing, wonderful, heart touching sometimes.

• Aug 14, 2019

Amazing. Moving. The way the cameraman returned to the same people over many decades was a terrific way to show the ups and downs of Cuba.

• Jul 27, 2019

Amazing in every way. No one has ever done a documentary as spectacular as “Cuba and the Cameraman”.

• Feb 21, 2019

Absolutely fascinating! Highly recommend!

Absolutely fascinating! Highly recommend!

• Nov 28, 2018

It really IS a 5 star production. He treats Cuba like a family member; not blind to its faults, but always with love. Having visited multiple times myself as a gringo tourist I nevertheless have experienced a similar strain of joie de vive, open friendliness, and a deeply rooted pride and strength of the people. What a marvelous look at this extraordinary island nation.

• Mar 30, 2018