Cube 2 - Hypercube - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cube 2 - Hypercube Reviews

½ June 17, 2017
My god is the acting atrocious. Compared to the previous one, this is an entries downgrade in acting skills. The acting almost nearly makes it unwatchable. I had to turn it off after the old lady showed herself. It's nearly laughable.
March 15, 2017
Lacking the novelty and intrigue of its predecessor, Cube 2 is plagued with bland acting, annoying characters, and a flimsy excuse for a plot that attempts to justify its intermittently engaging premise being dragged on for 90 minutes.
February 19, 2017
This second Cube movie adds an interesting layer to the original concept, but lots of plot-dumping happens at the beginning and everything goes downhill from the 70th minute or so.
½ January 1, 2017
Interesting but definitely fulfilled film concept, the ending ties up the pointlessness of even watching this.
December 4, 2016
I can not believe how bad this movie is. It must be watched to continue on the the last movie in the trilogy, but it is painful.
½ November 1, 2016
garbo. laughable. tried to be weirder than the first. so dumb. lol (1 fast viewing)
August 6, 2016
Loads of question, little answers.
July 27, 2016
On my review of the first Cube film, which was a definite cult classic, I said that I would like to see what the remake would be like. But, if it turns out like this fuck, I won't at all. "Cube 2: Hypercube" failed to live up to the expectations of the first masterpiece. But, the acting in this film, although, is much stronger and there are some more mind-blowing thrills, but the real poor special effects is the movie's real problem as well as revealing the secret of the Cube. It don't recommend it, but watch it if you want to know the secret of the Cube.
½ May 21, 2016
this movie hypersucks.
May 3, 2016
I'm going to give this three stars just for being out of the norm. Not a lot of hypercube movies out there. If you're into the implications of shifting, over lapping, imploding dimensions, then this is the movie for you. So here we go again with the 'ol I don't know how I got here, where are we, what the hell is going on?!!! genre. It's not a bad film, but it's a challenge to maintain interest in watching people wander through endless cubes, even as they shift, change time speeds, warp, maim and kill. But ultimately, one has to ask, as a viewer, yes, just exactly what the hell is going on here? Well, of the handful of people put in the cube, there's only one survivor, Kate Filmore, who apparently is in on the military experiment, because upon departure from the cube she meets a superior and knowingly responds. Then, of course, he kills her, mumbles something to another superior and the movie concludes. So apparently it's a military experiment working with alternate dimensions for defence / attack purposes, and all who experienced the cube, must die. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's your ever loving military here to simply serve and protect, even if we have to sacrifice some innocent, unknowing civilians in the process. Ah, but, what the hey.
½ April 22, 2016
Damn am I glad I watched this! After an alright first movie, and bad ratings, you're expecting something bad. But man is it not! Way better characters, and better performances. The direction is good too! And the writing...so great. This is a rare sequel that improves upon the first! That's really all I can talk about without spoiling anything.
August 13, 2015
really really love it
August 3, 2015
paljon ykköstä paskempi
½ April 23, 2015
Hypercube is a very underrated sequel, but it can't top the original. The first Cube had a better sense of mystery, and it didn't reveal much about the outside world. This one goes down the road that many sequels do and reveals too much at the beginning of the film. It doesn't reveal much compared to other movies, but the first film revealed nothing at the beginning. The only other critique I have is that the movie can be harder to follow- so if you thought the first one was hard to follow then you might not like this one. The acting and characters are still very effective, but not quite as good as the first. Hypercube's best features are its script and special effects. The script is scary and interesting, and the special effects flesh out all the ideas very well. Not quite as gripping as the first but still great. 72/100
½ April 6, 2015
A bit better than the first Cube with more kills, yet the story just gets more confusing.
½ February 8, 2015
Not even bad in a good way
January 13, 2015
Good movie. While Cube 2's ideas exceed its grasp and make it less effective than the first, it's still fairly suspenseful, smart, and disturbing, with some good visual effects.
½ January 7, 2015
The film introduces some interesting concepts about time and space. Although the idea is brilliant, the show is poorly executed. You need to understand the theories and concepts and the rationales of the traps to enjoy the show. However, the show does not help you to understand. There are simply too many mysteries than neccessary. There are several themes explored in the movie such as the choices people make regarding survival. The themes seems to be better portrayed than the theories and concepts which is the major part of the film.
January 2, 2015
It goes in an interesting direction separating it from the first cube with its introduction of quantum physics as an element to the cube, but this also makes the minimalist plot even more incomprehensible. They tease at more answers than the first Cube gave, but this actually just made it more frustrating. Things happen with no explanation, and in the end I was sort of left thinking "why?". Additionally, the deaths aren't as interesting, and the whole thing feels a bit confused. It's not a bad film though. It's got enough of the stuff I enjoyed in the other Cube films. The addition of quantum physics is also interesting, even if it is under-explained. The poorest Cube film, but still an adequate entry worth a look from fans.