Cube 2 - Hypercube - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cube 2 - Hypercube Reviews

½ August 6, 2014
Intelligensen från första filmen är som bortblåst. Cube genomsyrades av skrämmande logik. I tvåan händer saker fullständigt slumpartat. Dessutom finns här inget konkret hot, annat än cellskräcken.
July 19, 2014
Disappointingly lacking the traps from the original, and tries to be clever but comes across as confusing, there's still much to enjoy in this unnecessary sequel
½ July 17, 2014
Decent sequel, but not as good as its predecessor "Cube".
June 15, 2014
When a movie is switched from a thriller into a sci-fi, it may be disappointing for some Cube fans. But when a movie is messed up and confusing, the sequel is unnecessary. It could be slightly better if the sequel sticks to the same idea as the predecessor.
½ June 11, 2014
Better Than What I Thought It Would Be Cube 2, Gives The Viewer The Same Formula, By Having Strangers Trapped And Fighting For Freedom, But This Time The Rules Have Changed. The Victims Are Trapped In A Hypercube This Time, Making The Rooms Teleport, And Creating Alternate Realities. The Same Style Has Been Used Here With A Repetitive Set, But This Time The Booby Traps Are Computer Generated And Can Come Into Any Room At Any Time. Just As Enjoyable As The First, But It Doesn't Surpass It, A Sequel Would Seem Useless & Although This Does Feature The Same Formula, It Seems To Work. An Entertaining Film With Yet Again An Unknown Cast.
½ May 29, 2014
Jack Nicholsonin kopio :D
May 6, 2014
After five years and a studio change, Lions Gate decided to try there luck expanding the first upon the first Cube. Unfortunately, long time cinematographer and first time director Andrzej Sekula bit off far more than he could chew. The first Cube succeeded by establishing a consistent suspenseful tone and developing it's character as much as they could. Hypercube does none of that, but instead jumps right into the confusing death sequences with even worse animation than the first. The story and general concept of this film is far too convoluted to follow, much less enjoy. By the logic of this film, anyone can be anywhere at anytime with any amount of other version of that person... Yeah, that doesn't need more than five minutes of explanation before the chaos ensues. The acting is horrible and the production even worse, but I'm a sucker for sci-fi/horror B-movies. Bottom line, I've never seen a film that made less sense in my life, but it is what it is. Hardcore genre fans might want to give it a chance, but other than that, don't bother, watch the first one instead.
½ April 3, 2014
Geeks Gone Wild! Hypercube equals Hyper-Bore!
March 31, 2014
An unnecessary sequel (that made no sense at all). Some interesting ideas, yes, but I just didn't care.
½ February 12, 2014
The brighter setting and hokey moments alter the preceding darkly-lit thriller but Hypercube still retains some appeal despite its and theoretical (and less basic) concepts and iffy acting.
½ February 4, 2014
these movies where people are trapped somewhere and bicker then everyone dies in the end and its all some govt project are boring and pointless.
December 20, 2013
The way they explain this at the end is just not good
½ November 19, 2013
Much better than a DTV sequel to Cube really should be.
October 9, 2013
This film got my arms so sweaty with sexual tension that I think I shat my self....
½ June 20, 2013
Super boring. And even sillier than the first
June 14, 2013
Pretty cool. On level with the original. This film takes the series in a new direction though, dealing more with the mind-bending physics of the cube than with ultra-gory traps. I would've liked better explanations for some of the plot devices though.
½ June 4, 2013
Weird, and damn, I saw the wrong one.
May 24, 2013
Very, very good movie! Definitely better than the first. Almost an entirely different movie. Gets you thinking.
½ May 23, 2013
A group of strangers must band together for survival in a new version of the maze where time is distorted and gives deadly results.

Here we have the sequel to the highly successful low budget horror / SF movie. This time around the production values and special effects are a lot greater, and the viewer is presented with a bigger and slicker movie - but it also goes to prove that bigger is not always better. Gone are the ingenious traps and the sense of fear of the unknown and paranoia, and is replaced with stark white walls, CGI and a lot of SF mumbo-jumbo whilst the story only has a modicum of an explanation. The basic plot is very similar to it's predecessor, and though still very good, it does not add anything major to the franchise. The slightly larger cast all play their characters with zeal, but are more one dimensional than the first movie, and you really don't care if they live or die. The set design is as simple as before, but with the loss of coloured rooms and the usage of stark whiteness, the viewer may find it all a bit bland. The gore is even more limited, and there is only one really good death sequence in the whole movie. All in all, this is still a good movie, but with the stripped down set design, unbelievable SF explanation and a quite annoyingly abstract ending, this sequel is just not as good as it's predecessor